Bruticus Comic-Con gift set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SyberKill, May 2, 2012.

1. SyberKill

SyberKill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This might be total noob of me, but I've never been to Comic-Con and have a friend who is going. She said if I gave her money she'd scoop up Bruticus for me. Now since I've never been to one, what am I looking at as far as a game plan to get one? Do they usually have enough quantities of whatever they're selling each year? Do you need to wait in line ahead of time? I'm just curious as to what she's getting involved in and what I can tell her to do when she goes. Thanks!

2. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

They usually have a set ammount every day and will sell out especially with the scalpers (dont get me started on the scalpers there). Its a lot of waiting in line and you might not even get what you want..

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Make sure your friend goes to the Hasbro ticket line upstairs (where autographs are done) by when she gets in and gets her souvenir bag before heading down to the convention floor. I didn't know about that process last year and got screwed. I wasn't even allowed to stand in line to buy the one-at-a-time exclusives. Luckily, I was able to get my Primes on HTS shortly after.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Let her know she's sacrificing a chunk of her own convention experience if she goes through with this. If she's going all 4 days, maybe that's cool. But if she's only going one day, you might want to let her off the hook for this.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What they said.

1. Immediately go to the Hasbro booth/ticket line upstairs - you'll receive some kind of marker (a ticket, get your badge stamped, something of that nature) for that day. In some cases, like last year, you'll get a ticket for a certain time to get in line. When it's slow, you can walk right up but when they're really busy (like last year), you'll have to wait in line a long time just to get your ticket/stamp.
    2. After getting your ticket/stamp, immediately head downstairs and get in line for Hasbro. If they do the tickets to get in line at a certain time, you'll have to wait until that time; trying to get in line early won't work because they'll have people going up and down the line to kick you out or shoo you away until it's your scheduled time.
    3. Prepare to wait a while.
    4. If it's really packed (they admitted last year they gave out too many tickets for a certain time, so a bunch of people who got tickets for later in the day were told to come back first thing the next day), there's a good chance you won't get in that day and will be told to come back again tomorrow. Last year I couldn't even get in on Preview Night, was turned away because of the ticket snafu on Thursday (they didn't even let us get in line, just told us to come back the next day) and waited in line for at least over an hour (maybe two?) before finally purchasing my exclusives.
    5. Stuff does sell out each day, but usually they're able to restock by the next day. If stuff keeps selling out each day though (the GI Joe figures like Sgt. Slaughter and Zaranna, plus the Sentinel) they will likely have no further stock to sell at the convention by Sunday.

As was mentioned above, if your friend is going for only one day and they want to go off and do other things like check out some panels or get autographs or whatever, it's probably not a good idea to ask her to get in line for Hasbro unless it is moving briskly (ticket line and actual line) because it will take up a decent chunk of her day.

6. SyberKill

SyberKill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you all very much for the info. As far as the items being sold on the Hasbro store, do they jack up the price when it goes on there?

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Nope, but there's no telling how fast it'll sell out, if it even does. And the site gets bogged down when they go up, so it's a mess. I really hope they're smart enough to make plenty.

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe they are the same price but if they are highly sought after they will sell out VERY quickly and also cause the server to crash.

HTS is STILL selling the TF exclusives but the GI Joe ones went super quick.

9. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

what they need to do is have online pre-sales like a lot of the companies do....