Non-TF: Brun of the Disir, New Thor Villain

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Jan 7, 2011.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

I don't know if anyone here keeps up with Thor comics, but this is a villain who was just introduced.

For those who haven't read the recent issues, the Disir were Bors (Thors grandfather The Fwoosh • View topic - Whiskeytangos "THE DISIR DO NOT EXIST!!!" pg 27 ) Valkyries. They secretly started feeding on other Asgardians, and when Bor found out, he cursed them to exist outside of any of the realms and only be able to eat the spirits of Asgardians, which they would be forever unable to do since Asgardian spirits would only be in the realms of Valhalla or Hel. Loki, of course, found use for them. I won't go into all of it, but the issues they were featured in featured a hell of alot of blood and dismemberment, which is exactly what should happen when people carry swords around.

She is all Valkyrie, except for her head which is a heavily modified FO Punisher. Shes based off of the one who appeared to be the leader of the Disir, but I don't think she was ever named. Lots of sculpting, vinyl parts, one of the chain rings off of conans axe, and paint later, here she is. Normally I'm not a huge fan of soft goods on actions figures, but sometimes they're the best way of achieving a look. I think the secret to soft goods looking good is they have to be a permanent part of the figure. Most of the time if they're removable, they just come out too big I suppose.

Anywho, I like her alot, hope you guys do too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. scottie_bee

scottie_bee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like how it turned out, I like the soft parts on the figure. I cant wait for the Thor movie this summer!

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    WOW! I love it man! get this thing over to Toyark and the Hisstank custom forums, you might get a little more action figure love over there