Brown Box line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl2000, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Anyone else collect these guys? I remember them when I was a kid in the late 80's and I've read they filtered into the early 90's in other countries.
    Right now I have some Combaticons, Protectabots, Jazz and Tracks. I think that's going to be my focus on collecting for now. Does anyone know of any reference pages on these lines?

2. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

These guys appear to have been released WAY after die-cast metal and rubber tires had been phased out... I wonder if they still have them?

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, die-cast and rubber tires are in the line as standard. They're 100% faithful reissues of the originals, though on the combiners if there were die-cast and plastic versions the plastic ones are the ones reused.

I've got a large number of the gold box releases - loose - including Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and most of Bruticus. All the G1 cars are as they were on the originals - NO CHANGES.

5. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I only have one. When I got the thing, it was a MISB Optimus Prime. I mean it was, because I opened it!!!

6. Retrospex

Retrospex Plastiholics Anonymous

I remember I read somewhere that some greedy sellers were taking these Gold TF's out and inserting them into the oldskool vintage boxes and calling them sealed on card to get more money.

Then some unlucky bloke would buy a (for example) G1 Hasbro Sealed on Card Wheeljack in a minty box but really has one of these Gold reissues. Only people who can tell the difference are the people who've done their research I guess.....

Just a thought.
    Cheers,
    Spe><

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It'd be extremely hard to tell the difference without opening the thing. I think the copyright stamps were updated, I'll need to get one of mine out to check. However, they're practically the same as the originals so if you never removed them from the boxes you'd never know anyway.

8. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    yep, I'm making this my new line of transformers to collect. I wonder if anyone on on here purchased any of the Aerialbots that were on ebay a few weeks ago. The think that I like about these when you see them is they will be a little less than the original, though from what I'm seeing now not as much.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    those gold boxes were sweet...