Fan Art: Brony Artist Training Event

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TfAnimatedfan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Since things are sort of thin when it comes to submissions, I'm making this weekly now to give you more time.

Submissions! This weeks theme was "Hand Sketch a Season 1 scene and Switch out the Characters"
    #1. By Comicguy89 (Cutie Mark Crusaders!!!)
    [​IMG]

#2. By. Infernal_Dalek (Over a Barrel)
    [​IMG]

I'll submit mine later :lol 
    ---------------

This Weeks Theme
    Draw a pony Cooking/Eating Let's try that one again. Details are up to you as usual. No need to hand sketch this time around.

Bonus Theme
    Draw a pony reading.

Deadline is midnight FRIDAY next week.

All submissions can be sent to [email protected] or PM'd to me here on TFW.

If I've forgotten or missed anyone this time around let me know,
    -Matt

2. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    With permission from the OP, I present my...

Visual Vector Art Primer!

If you ever wondered what Vector drawing was all about then check out this info.

Remember Bronies, there is free vector drawing software out there to try this out with. One really good one is called InkScape.

Part 1
    [​IMG]

Part 2
    [​IMG]

Part 3
    [​IMG]

More detailed versions:
    VVP1.svg, VVP2.svg, and VVP3.svg

Brony on!

JF

3. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks gabumon! I'm sure this would help. Vector art is rather incomprehensible at first glance.

4. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    Yeaaaahhh!!! Here we go! Only one submission this week but I think this event's still got life in it. I even went out and brought a new sketchbook to fill with ponies!

------------------------

Submission! Last week's theme was "Draw a Pony Cooking".

#1. Comicguy89
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------

This Week's Theme
    Draw a Pony wearing clothes. Because t-shirt Fluttershy is the cutest thing ever. So go and draw a pony in a t-shirt or a dress anything really!!! It's up to you! (Applejack's hat doesn't count as clothing.) Hats on anypony else are fine.

Bonus Theme
    Draw a Pony burning someone's house down with lemons. They got their engineers to invent a combustible lemon. Now they're going to burn a house down.

Send your artwork to: [email protected] (or send me a PM) here on TFW)

If you are interested here are some tutorials to get you started: Equestria Daily: Pony Drawing Guides (Lots of Updates!)

Rules and Whatnot

You are not required to submit something every time a theme swings around. You can jump in or out at anytime, it's all up to you.

Of course, if you drawing is overly Bloody or Sexual I will not post it. Keep it clean, bro.

Also don't get religious or political with you stuff, if it's not allowed on regular TFW it's not allowed here.

Anything you choose to draw with is fine. Digital art, pencil sketch, crayon, paint, stained glass, blood of your enemies, whatever. It's up to you. If you just have the time to snap a cellphone pic of your pencil drawing, no worries, I'll still post it.

You are free to stretch the theme a bit. For example, If the theme is "Draw a pony flying" you could draw a Pegasus OR you could draw Rarity sitting in coach complaining about the interior design of the plane and softness of the seats. Don't be afraid to get creative with it.

You will be given full credit for your art so INCLUDE A NAME or I will not post it.

Just felt the need to post the rules again incase anyone wants to jump in!!!Yeaaaahhh!!! Here we go! Only one submission this week but I think this event's still got life in it. I even went out and brought a new sketchbook to fill with ponies!

------------------------

Submission! Last week's theme was "Draw a Pony Cooking".

#1. Comicguy89
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------

This Week's Theme
    Draw a Pony wearing clothes. Because t-shirt Fluttershy is the cutest thing ever. So go and draw a pony in a t-shirt or a dress anything really!!! It's up to you! (Applejack's hat doesn't count as clothing.) Hats on anypony else are fine.

Bonus Theme
    Draw a Pony burning someone's house down with lemons. They got their engineers to invent a combustible lemon. Now they're going to burn a house down.

If you are interested here are some tutorials to get you started: Equestria Daily: Pony Drawing Guides (Lots of Updates!)

Rules and Whatnot

You are not required to submit something every time a theme swings around. You can jump in or out at anytime, it's all up to you.

Of course, if you drawing is overly Bloody or Sexual I will not post it. Keep it clean, bro.

Also don't get religious or political with you stuff, if it's not allowed on regular TFW it's not allowed here.

Anything you choose to draw with is fine. Digital art, pencil sketch, crayon, paint, stained glass, blood of your enemies, whatever. It's up to you. If you just have the time to snap a cellphone pic of your pencil drawing, no worries, I'll still post it.

You are free to stretch the theme a bit. For example, If the theme is "Draw a pony flying" you could draw a Pegasus OR you could draw Rarity sitting in coach complaining about the interior design of the plane and softness of the seats. Don't be afraid to get creative with it.

You will be given full credit for your art so INCLUDE A NAME or I will not post it.

Just felt the need to post the rules again incase anyone wants to jump in!!!

5. gabumon

News Credits:
    Amazing ComicGuy! The details are marvelous, on the blender, etc.

Hopefully I'll get some time to do th clothes theme....

6. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Thanks, gabumon, words can't express how much I appreciate your comment!

I hope to see a submission from you during the next round! It sounds like a fun topic, but I'm still figuring it out.

7. gabumon

News Credits:

Sorry, when is the Pony wearing Clothes art due?

8. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    I think it's either midnight Friday or Saturday. Hope to get some confirmation on this.

EDIT: It's confirmed to be midnight, Friday, Central Time.

9. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    Here we go! Round 8!

Hey look, I'm a day late again! Sorry, guys.

I can't figure out Inkscape. Hopefully I'll be work something out and not have to spend hours in gimp to do colors.

This weeks themes were "Draw a pony wearing clothes" and "Draw a Pony burning someone's house down with lemons".

#1. By: Infernal_Dalek
    [​IMG]

#2. By. gabumon
    [​IMG]

#3. By. ErBoi (AKA Crypticillusionist)
    [​IMG]

#4. By: Matt (Darn you people with your fancy "colors" :lol )
    [​IMG]

----------------------------

This Weeks Theme
    Draw what ever pony related thing you want. One again we're taking a break from set themes. Now, you'll get to have a little fun. Draw whatever you want. If you do any art at all this week, why not send it in here? (Well, there's the whole "waiting a week to have it posted" thing.)

Any questions or submissions can be sent to [email protected] or PM'd to me here on TFW.

Submissions are due by Friday midnight central. However, if I've not made and Artist Training Event post in this thread by Midnight Friday you can automatically assume you've got until midnight Saturday.

Hope you guys have fun! I'm off to go bang my head on the keyboard until Inkscape works.

-Matt

10. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Great work guys!

1) Infernal_Dalek, your Trixie looks awesome! Somehow, she looks to me like she got some fashion tips from Hoity Toity!

2) gabumon, I love your original ponies! Are they part of a family that includes your earlier Cayenne Pepper?

3) Crypticillusionist, good job on the perspective, that's hard to do! Rainbow looks eager and ready to go beyond the distance!

4) TFAnimatedfan, that is a genius idea. Seriously. You've somehow managed to tackle both themes AND use an awesome game as a reference for the clothes. Why didn't I think of using Portal outfits?

I'll try my best to work on this week's theme, sounds exciting!

11. gabumon

News Credits:
    Holy Moley guys! We got some exceptional talent here!

@InfD: Her expression is priceless! Bunny costume! lol.
    @CrypticI: Yes Wow! I'm struggling with different angles, but you pulled it off great! choice of clothes is perfect.
    @Matt: You have a great hand and style. I feel like I'm cheating sometimes because I got in a tweak stuff, but MAN, your drawing is solid, from the start!

Ya I have Anaheim and Cayenne here: (some old traces I've done too)
    Ponies by jimbox31 on deviantART

Hot Tamale is up next!

@TfAnimatedfan... What's hanging you up in Inkscape? PM me and I can talk you through it. It's a powerful tool, but the menu and UI is obnoxious.

12. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but god does this thread make me happy :)  Saw JazzMasta's Pinkie and Gummy pic and it's still my favorite. Dran0n's random Pinkie is also happily random :)