Broken Warbot Defender

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spudicus Prime, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Spudicus Prime

Spudicus Prime Member

Woke up to an interesting site this morning folks, an interesting site indeed. First thing i see when i wake up collection wise is my classics collection promenently posed. However something looks odd, I see my warbot defenders legs, still posed but no torso....now at first I think I'm seeing things and still half asleep but i look around and see the torso happily sitting on my glasses which were on a table directly below.

It appears the figure sheared off at the waist joint. I don't know if the 2 times i transformed it and the fanagaling I did with the posing caused it to weaken to the point the plastic could no longer handle the weight of the die cast, or if they got into a battle late at night and movie ratchet couldn't fix him.

Anyway just sharing the story and letting any other Defender owners know to watch out for the waist joint.

edit: I'll try and take some photos later with my webcam and post them as well

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Any pics of the joint?

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Wow, this is the second time that I heard of a Defender's waist joint breaking. I believe the waist joint is a black joint.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so did someone mess with it while you were sleeping? just falling off sounds weird, especially since i've messed with mine a lot

5. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Yeesh, that's scary. I wonder if FansProject would be cool enough to send you just the replacement part? Have you tried emailing them with the problem?

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you ordered it from BBTS you should try calling/e-mailing them, when I got a defective part on my City Commander they sent me a whole replacement leg free of charge. If not, then try shooting Fansproject an email, it's worth a try.

7. Spudicus Prime

Spudicus Prime Member

The waist joint appears to be a weak point, it's the same grey as the rest of the figure, it looks like it sheared off clean other than one small spot, which leads me to believe it was either a faulty joint that had a flaw in it to begin with or got some stress cracks and gave way under the weight.
    I think I could easily glue it back down but that would mean likely it would have to stay in robot mode indefinitely. Also I might try inserting a small thin screw and seeing if i can give him an artificial spine. The bottom part of the peg is hollow a little.

I did e-mail fans project but don't expect a response for a while. I have noticed that the die cast makes him very front heavy when trying to balance the torso on top of the legs and the torso fell forward not backward so I think a weak waist without re-enforcement and the die cast are the cause of the problem. Good news is though I was checking it out while typing this and it doesn't affect transformation to car or chopper mode so the superglue might be a good quick fix.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  8. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You slept too hard and broke it! That sucks. I expect a little more out of an eighty dollar figure. Well, I have one too, so it's good to know what to watch out for.

9. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

You played with him in your sleep, admit it!!!! :p 

10. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I think I'll pass on thia fig...

11. Spudicus Prime

Spudicus Prime Member

Funny thing is, if it had broken while I was doing something with it I'd be more upset because it would be my fault, but this is just so weird and random.

12. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    That is odd. I noticed not too long ago that my Defender's right arm (left if you're looking at it) some of the plastic in the joint wore down just a bit so it's kinda loose now, but not really too bad, nothing unfixable. Did freak me out a bit though. Wonder what's causing these defects?

EDIT* Plastic eating molecules in the atmosphere?