Broken Robot Master Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Altimus Prime, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Came home from work today to find my Robot Master Optimus Prime had been broken in a fall from my desk. (wife and step daughter were apparently horsing around and hit my desk, causing the fall)

It's separated at the waist, between where the red part of the upper body/truck connects to the silver part of the legs.

I can't figure out how it goes back together. My best guess is a part is missing, but if so I don't know what it is, and can't seem to find any piece on the floor anywhere. None of the pictures I could find online showed what the missing piece might be.

At the top of the legs, there's a tiny silver post, looks like metal, with what looks like glue around it. Then, on the upper body part, there is a round opening, filled with what looks like dried glue, with a slight indentation where that silver part fits.

Guess I could glue it back together permanently.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Altimus Prime

Can anyone help me with this?

I guess I can glue it back together, never to transform again. The truck mode isn't much to look at anyway... but still...

There must be a piece missing, but I can't even tell what I'm looking for, if it sprung off and is on the floor somewhere... can't see how this figure could change with what I'm left looking at.

3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's the most common area where he breaks. Mine is broken in the same place. There should be a clear plastic post there around the pin. I glued mine once, but it's such a small connection that he just snapped apart again when I tried to transform him a few days later.

4. Altimus Prime

Based on that, it looks like it's the clear plastic post itself that's broke on mine, so no missing piece.

The clear plastic post I guess is what looked like dried glue to me.

Probably no way of fixing it so it can transform again. Guess I can glue it and just keep it in robot mode. Which is how I usually had it anyway.

Thanks for the info. Saved me from scouring the floor looking for something that's not there.

Was thinking about picking up the new Generations Prime as a "replacement." Good idea, ya think?

5. Rewind

News Credits:
    Go for it. It's not quite the same look but it's a much better toy that wont be likely to break. That said, I do love Robot Masters Prime...I just wish he didn't break so easily. :( 

6. Altimus Prime

Mine had fallen before but never broke. I wasn't home when this happened, so I don't know what took place that resulted in it breaking. It capped off a rather crappy day yesterday.

What I liked about it was the size - it fit well on my desk, and looked good standing next to the those recent G1 minibot remakes that I have (Cosmos, Brawn, Warpath, Beachcomber, Bumblebee, if you know what I'm talking about.) Also like that he was easy to change and fiddle with when I felt like it.

That Generations figure is actually too big for my taste, which is funny since a comment I saw on YouTube was complaining that it was too small! But I guess I like the smaller, easier to change ones.

If I wanted something similar to the style and size of RM Prime, is there anything to look for?

7. Altimus Prime

8. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    Here's what you do:
    1. throw it away/bury it if you liked it alot:rip 
    2. go buy ths-o2 convoy:scalper 
    3. cook to a medium brown:p 
    4. enjoy:D 

oh wait.. ignore that 3rd part.

9. Altimus Prime

Hmm... the THS-02 looks like an interesting option/replacement - right size and look and all - but not sure I want to put out $60 for one... ya know, being affected by the economy and all. ;) 

Thanks for pointing it out.

10. Rewind

News Credits:
  11. Altimus Prime

Thanks for the help, advice and offers.

I went with picking up the Generations Prime. VERY glad I did. Looks better out of the package, and fills the space on the desk quite nicely.

And I like - no, LOVE - him in this size. Not too big, not too small. And he seems in good scale with my G1 Legends figures. I think one of the best Primes ever, as far as design and appearance.