Customs: Broken posts.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Jul 25, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm talking both screw posts and 5mm handle posts.
    I'm working on a custom ROTF Leader Megatron, and the post in his right shoulder that hold his arm on and you put the screw into broke. Would super/gorilla glue hold tight enough so that you can still move the arm without risking breaking it again? Or should I fasten it with a pin?

Also, my RID Hightower, the part that partsforms to make the roof of his alt mode and head/back of robot mode? the post on that snapped off, same question, do I have to fasten it with pins, or does gorilla/super glue hold well enough for the post to still be functional.

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I had the same thing happen recently with my RotF leader Megatron. I actually just popped the shoulder back in and, when everything's screwed back together, it still works fine. I wasn't able to get his big, black shoulder pad to separate otherwise I would have tried gluing the peg back on. But now I'm done with that part so I'm going to leave it...

I haven't tried fixing any pegs, but with Hightower I would suggest first just using glue. If that doesn't hold, you'll probably have to try using a pin...

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, I guess I need to run out and get some glue. I'll get back to you with the results.