Broke my online cherry today.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Nov 12, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Definitely got owned. Played Halo3, my first match, I get stuck with a whole clan. Everyone had the same name with a number.

Then I figured out that I need to be in Basic Training. Which, I did a little bit better there, actually won a match, after the 2 good ones left. Ironically they both had the same name too.

Did find one asshole. Wouldn't shut the hell up. Kept saying crap about how we were noobs, and when I did kill him, he said "your welcome", like he was doing me a favor. After the match, he said something rude, something about how good he was, which I responded "Guess not all of us can have lives". Must have hurt his feelings cause he called me a fag and left.

But all in all, a good time.

Think I'm going to go play some more before I have to get ready for work

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    When I get a 360, I'm going to avoid getting the headset. Why pay to listen to a bunch of insulting douchebags?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Headsets are cool when playing with people you know, I just mute the douchebags. If no one I know is playing, I usually won't bother using it.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Use the feedback system to add that guy to your avoided players list then file a complaint to make MS aware of him. You should be able to find him in your recent players list (the controller icon to the right on/from your friends list). Not many people use it which is a shame.

You need to get with these TFW guys here. They/We usually get a big group and just play for fun and have a good time.

5. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    While in the Halo 3 lobby ... hover over a user's name. Hit your green button.

You should have the option to mute them.

Playing online is much more satisfying when gaming with a buddy or 15.

6. DorkimusPrime

DorkimusPrime King of the Squirrels

That's why I never play with the headset; I'm the deaf/mute in every gang.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I had the same experience but it was with Gears of War. On my first time, there were people booting me or talking trash because I was new. But now I can hold my own.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your cherry hasn't been broken until you get yelled/cursed at by an eight year old.

Best matches EVER.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Or when a 12 year old talks about the various names for a boner.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I put the guy on my avoid list. I'll probably go back later and report him. Got kicked out of the Basic Training section. Got owned in the other sections.

Playing without the headset is a good idea. I just figured everyone would have one. I don't mind being beat, but don't be an asshole when you do it.

11. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Or when they talk about how much they hate their teacher .... who the hell cares your 12 !!!

12. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    even though there is nothing wrong with girl gamers, I felt very humbled when one kicked my ass in Gears of War,

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Talk to Movie Swindle/Camshaft about that

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Y'know I wish I had a 360 for the online experience. I like the Wii for the party experience, but after playing Halo online at a friend's home I can understand the allure.

15. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    If I had $0.01 for every time the words "f@g", "f@ggot", "g@y", or "h0mo" were said on H3 ...

16. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    Welcome to LIVE! I see that it seems to be running normal again so I'm about to go jump on COD4. Send me a FR and we can get some H3 or whatever goin' sometime. I need to get in on some of these TFW2005 H3 nights, but COD4 is just too much fun right now.

GT: OriginalFatty

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Actually I think we can start having CoD 4 nights instead of Halo 3 nights soon. I think nearly everyone from TFW so far has CoD 4. Save for a few(Me) =( I'll be getting it soon though. Also incase you guys havent noticed I havent been playing Halo 3 lately cause I'm a bit worn out on FPSes for now. Also cause I just messed up my headset and need to get a new one. =\

18. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    cod4 is alot better game to start with online the learning curve is not as bad and in the 50 plus matches I've played I've never heard anyone owning the newbs. in chat at least. When ever I get some on my team I actually cover them for a bit and let them get their feet.

I second a COD4 night.

19. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    If you saw a gang with the same name and numbers next to them, that means you were playing against multiple dudes playing split-screen on the same box. The numbered fools were their guests (no live accounts of their own) :-/

Unless I'm playing with friends; which seems to be a rarity these days as all of mine moved on to Orange Box and now CoD4, I always mute voice. You're certainly not missing out on anything. ...I just wish the game saved your voice preferences, instead of having to mute every time I fire the game up.

All in all, I'd say keep with it. You can only get better. A RL friend of mine only started playing Halo online a month ago and it was painful watching him play. Only getting 2-3 kills a match and ignoring weapon pick-ups. But he stuck with it, and now he can hang with the best of 'em.

Don't worry about the assclowns and just go your own pace.

20. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I third the CoD 4 night as well. Except not on Thursdays! :p