Brochure and Reg Forms up at botcon.com - Figure Set Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete Sync, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fox, no worries at all, I don't think it is spoiled. To say I did not see this coming is an understatement. I think it is the same as the movie. Seemed like everyone complained initially but once images and trailers made it out, and the 2 30 second spots, everyone is jumping up and down.

Once images of the toys are shown, once this amazing box art is seen for the first time, basically once this set is actually out there, most will see what a very awesome offering this is!

2. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

It just sucks for people who really do want to go but for whatever reason cant, and paying for the cost of the con + just to get the figures is a little dissapointing imo even worse if your not a club member. Which i plan to remedy as soon as i find out for absolute positive that i wont be attending.

3. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

How about then that they are Convention Exclusives, and the fact that you can even buy them directly without attending is a bonus. A bonus that costs $. If there weren't non-attendee packages though, everyone would probably just complain about how expensive they'll be on eBay. It's always something.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I think in years past, they made 800 of the boxsets, plus the 200 loose. It's been said, I believe, that they have a short window in which they have the ability to ratchet up the production numbers on the set, based on the number of early registrants. If they get say, 500, registration forms by this time next week, I'd say that's probably a sign they should ramp up the number made.

Of course, given the huuuge fan demand of 3 of the figures in the set, plus the fact that 2 (or 3?) hotels have already sold out...and the fact that Teh Movie comes out this year...and the con is centered around it...and all on a mega-holiday weekend...I sincerely hope that they ordered more than the standard 800 in the first place. Hell..you could probably double both numbers and while they might not sell out at the show, they wouldn't be sitting in the club store a year or two later either.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I have a question entirely unrelated to bitching or whether coneheads have remolded wings. :p  When exactly are package holders charged for their respective package. As a potential (non-member, only for now) Iacon package holder, when would I be charged for the $279 on my card?

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Since you put it that way, I agree, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'm pissed, and I'll never get to own these at these prices.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

blah blah blah blah blah...thats all I hear from you. Ever heard of blowing off steam...you know its what some does when they are disappointed.

Look the 3 seekers did not have to be Botcon exclusives...they could have been HTS exclusives and at the very least everyone could have a chance at them for a semi-reasonable price.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And then continue to whine about how hard it is to get. :p 

Not me, though. I'm pretty much done complaining. I've said my piece, I think this sucks, and nothing I say is going to change it. Time to move on.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

No one is complaining about the set being made, it is the way the set is distributed that we're complaining about. I'm sure the set is gonna be a fucking work of art, but you know what I and many others really cannot justify spending $329 on 3 figures that should cost no more than $60.

That is why people are so pissed...

that being said I'm done time to move on::me waving as the seekers go passing by:::

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I second this question. I can fax the form today from work, but I am curious if this is going to be on my April statement, or June/Julyish.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying, only in a really snarky, unpleasant way, as I appear to be in full-on bitch-mode this evening.

For the record, I am in exactly the same boat as you, Switchblade. I have neither the time nor the money to go to BotCon. But would I like these toys? I certainly would! However, these toys are being made *for* the con. By all rights, you shouldn't be *able* to get these without going to it, so I wouldn't expect that you would pay any less for the toys themselves than you would to simply attend the convention.

The fact that FP offers a service that allows you to actually get the toys without having to spend the extra money on travel, accomodation, etc, is a incredible courtesy that far too many people complain about.

12. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    We live in an entitlement-minded age, don't we? Holy cow. Hasbro doesn't owe me anything. If I can't get them, I can't get them. I think I'll survive either way.

As for my thoughts on the set:

I'm not surprised. I expected at least some of the remaining jets to show up at Botcon, and I figured that I'd better start saving now. :)  I'd like to have them, but won't be able to make it to the convention, so hopefully I'll be able to find enough money somewhere to pre-order. Better start selling stuff on Ebay, I think. :D  I think it's great that Hasbro did the Ramjet remold for retail so the other two seekers were a viable option for the convention.

I'm a bit disappointed with Bugbite... I'd like to have seen a Bumblejumper/Bumper figure made from Classics Bumblebee. That would have been quite nice, though I suppose the fact that we already had a yellow and red version of the mold was a problem. Still...

The bonus figures for attendees will show up on Ebay at some point. I'll have to pay through the teeth for it if I want it bad enough. Depends who it is.

Nice job Pete. Bring on the pics!

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly. It's great that they will be made, yet shitty that I can't afford them.

I'm done ranting as well, time for me to drop it.

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also does the $329 Iacon package include U.S. shipping in that cost? I don't see a line for U.S. shipping fees.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    For some reason my butt hurts when siiting down after finding out what it would cost if I wanted all the seekers.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't want another bumblebee mold, I have two already *L* astrotrain repainted, or mirage repainted would've kicked more ass I think. but that's fine the rest of the set has me already!

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Exciting!

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I know folks are pissed about this, and I totally understand why. But I can't help but be really excited. I never expected ALL of the remaining Seekers to be made, Botcon or otherwise. And I secretly wanted Bugbite, as well (the e-hobby minibot set is one of my favorite set of figures ever), but never thought they would do it. Fantastic! Dreadwind is a neat surprise... it'll be cool seeing the Jetfire mold in a dark color scheme.

My only disappointment is that there won't be a Star Saber repaint of Jetfire. That seemed really perfect. And a Mirage repaint would've been cool, too, but it's all good. I'm happy. I guess I'll have to shell out for the attendee-only exclusives on eBay, though, since I won't be attending.

I'm predicting the "mysterious Decepticon" will be either Shockwave or Nemesis Prime.

19. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Larkin's Lair

News Credits:
    well this just sucks.....anyone primus or icon package that don't plan on getting a second set of figures? i don't mind paying a bit extra on top of the normal fees.

20. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah noticed the update at 19:15 GMT. Just got a friend to fax over our one. Like HI-Q, it's a bit hard to fill out if you're not from the States, and the email box is far too small so I put the email in there and at the bottom.

Toys sound cool. It was obvious the Jets would be done, I like the idea of Dredwind being Jetfire (good call, I forgot about his mold), and Bugbite (if indeed he is based on the white e-Hobby toy) will be the second e-Hobby homage done a a convention, which is pretty cool.

The convention can't come quick enough for me.

@ Pete - are the convention staff still there at the moment, to collect the faxes?