Broadside from a GI Joe aircraft carrier?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jonnyshaft, Aug 14, 2011.

1. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

Im not a customizer, Ill stick to painting and drawing, and let the talent here work their magic. Ive seen so much amazing work in this thread, that I thought this could be a great idea. Would finally give Broadside the scale he should have had, and would be a chance to cover his alternate animation models robot mode.
    Has this ever been attempted?
    Thanks,
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    I don't believe so... this is a good idea for you to pursue, because a lot of other people are gonna come and slamyou down with "do it yourself" or "commision it" crap. Trust me, it happened to me once.

3. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Ive seen a gijoe flagg painted to look like broadside many years ago.

4. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Do it yourself or commission it! Lol seriously though...I was just using a quote. That would be a hell of an undertaking. If you cut the Flagg up and used say a Fort Max....would they work scale wise strictly speaking of the basic bot body?

5. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think that's the 6 foot long USS Flagg, very expensive. They made a 3 foot (ish) Flagg as well, which I picked up for like 25 bucks off Ebay a year or two ago. I plan on doing a Tidal Wave with mine, but Broadside would be awesome (accepting he won't have a plane mode)

7. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Do you have pictures? I have never heard of a smaller one. not to be an a$$, but are you sure it's not the big version but missing a deck piece? I'm just curious becasue a friend wants one badly, but can't justify the space it takes.
    Thanks!

Randy!

8. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

Thanks guys- that pic looks cool. I could imagine that turning into a robot.

@ SwerveGears- Im not a customizer, just thought of it as an idea. Most of the people Ive talked to on these boards are cool, so Id be surprised if I got a negative reaction from just mentioning an idea. And if I did they probably wouldnt be the people Id want to reach anyway.

Was thinking another in scale tf could be Astrotrain done from a Sky Lynx. Id do it myself...but I cant;) 

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Here's a slew of pics I took when I first got it, I'm on vacation in NewMexico so I can't get any new pics with common size comparisons at the moment.

It has electronics and a lift up stern that has controls so you can drive it! Also I noticed when I enlarged the pics it's the GI Joe USS Saratoga, not the Flagg. 33 inches long! There's three on Ebay right now super cheap!

Attached Files:

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This photo is great. Just sayin' :) 

11. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Hoooooly crap. My buddy is going to super happy that something like this is in his grasp. Thanks Big Hank!!

Randy!