Broadening my horizons, help me out.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Jukebox Prime, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

I grew up in the 80's so as you can imagine I'm a pretty hard core G1-er. Loved the show, didn't read the comic regularly but saw a few issues. Really loved the WWI series. Now I checked out season one of Animated, and I really like it. But I also started watching the first season of Beast Wars and have gotten half way through it and so far it doesn't interest me. I really want to be open minded toward the other series, but I also don't want to waste my time if I'm not going to appreciate them. I'm wondering if, based on what I've said (Love g1, love animated, did not care for first season of Beast Wars, hopefully that gives you an idea of my tastes) if you gents (and ladies) could give me some suggestions that I might like. Do you think any series(es :tongue:  ) would be more to my liking? Maybe a particular season was better than the rest in a certain series? I'd like to give Beast Wars another chance if someone could confirm that the series started off really slow but got a lot more interesting in later seasons (and if so which particularly?).

I'm all for discussing the different series, but please keep in mind my purpose for this thread is for big time fans of each series to explain what they liked about the series and recomendations on which season is best representative of that series as a whole. Let's try to refrain from "Your favorite series sux!" type replies. :lol  If I find they do indeed suck, I'll start another thread for that.. :lolol  Just kidding!

Discuss.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I dont think Beast Wars really got me hooked until the end of season 1

the beginning was neat, the middle was a lot of filler

once it got to the end of the first season though the series really had an idea of where it was going [starts really diggin into some great story arcs] and it excels from there on

keep watching it! you wont be unimpressed i think :D 
    [not that the other seasons dont have its share of filler eps but its a lot of great stories and great characters. i think you'd love it.]

now you're gonna make me have to go and re-watch the dang series lol
    got me all excited thinkin about it lol

^__^

3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I didn't pay attention to Beast Wars enough at first to realize there was much of an ongoing story, that is until near the end of S2. Then it got really awesome, and I loved it. Some really great writing in there, I wish we would have gotten another season of that instead of it turning into Beast Machines.

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Beast Wars didn't really hit its stride until the second season. Give that a chance and then see how you feel about it.

5. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Okay, great info guys! I certainly agree that most shows aren't immune to "filler episodes" Maybe I'll skip ahead to the next season for BW on ol' netflix. What about the other shows? I did see a couple of episodes of Armada also, but couldn't wrap my mind around Laserbeak being an autobot... :lol 

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, Armada is... not great. Early episodes are full of animation errors and lousy drawing. Kinda picked up towards the end though.

Energon, the series that came after it, wasn't a whole lot better- basically 20 episodes of story spread across an entire 52-episode season.

Cybertron is kinda hit-and-miss. There are good & bad parts to it.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Get the last disk of the first season of Beast wars, the finale was awesome and extremly unexpected.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    if ur strictly talkin Transformers then yeah

Beast Wars and TF:Animated for the win. I also recommend Galaxy Force [not the Cybertron dub. i hated the dub but the GF subs were pretty sweet. i liked that series a lot]

all the other shows you can live without hehe

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

^^ seconds the galaxy force love.

10. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Stay with BW and I liked the end of Armada actually trying to collect armada right now. Also energon was okay i hated Cybertron and also check out he dubs of Victory and the other after G1