Bringing MP's over to amarica?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ActionMasterZod, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since they brought over MP Convoy and soon bringing over Starscream do you think they will do this with the other MP's?
    (with the acception of megatron)

And when will hasbro realise that the "battle damage" there putting on these figures sucks?

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Considering they kinda brought over Magnus already and MP04 is just Convoy add trailer, its very doubtful. Not sure if they'll get Skywarp down the road though.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I hope they bring at least Megs afterwards, I'll sue(and probably win, you can win anything in this country!) Hasblo

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That we're even getting starscream is a miracle. sadly, a lot of collectors have this "wait until it's clearanced" policy on high-price items, so that stuff never sells at retail price, strores end up taking a loss on it when it hits clearance, and they're less likely to order high-price items from that line in the future. meijers (at least in this area) dropped supreme and leader class TF figures a few months into cybertron for that reason, and I'm pretty sure that's why starscream ended up being a store exclusive too. by making it an exclusive item, the potential sales go up.

If you want more MP figures, support figures in that high price range. buy starscream the second you see him, don't wait for clearance. if you want ultimate BB, grab him now, don't wait for clearance. if you wait, you're helping kill larger size classes in the TF line.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well for 20th Prime for example, I remember the US MSRP was only $15-$20 less than importing the toy from Japan, shipping and everything. So I said, "screw the Hasbro version" and paid a little bit more to get a Japanese version with a much nicer box, longstacks, no battle damage, and the nice little Japanese extras such as the little card and booklet. My plan then was to get a 20th when the price came down. Sadly for me, I dont think any of my local stores lowered the price on that figure.

I say that on high priced Transformers, Hasbro needs to work a little harder and maybe do some special things for the high priced toys like put them in nicer boxes, add some neat little booklets or something as well.

That said, I do like the panel lining on Hasbro's Starscream quite a bit. But sadly, the overdone battle damage kinda spoils that for me.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If any more MPs ever hit the UK I won't buy them. WAY too expensive; it's cheaper to import the Japanese versions than it would be to get them on a shelf here. Ludicrous, but true.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't forget the chrome grill and bumper, oh, and eventually making a trailer.

The problem with the US released versions, is that they won't sell the same thing as the Japanese version, which is what people want.

I have a 20th anniversary prime as well that I bought clearanced, and the only reason I bought it, is because I'm willing ti display that one for $30 or whatever I paid, vs mp-04. If I didn't have the chance to get the actual masterpiece version, I still probably wouldn't have bought the hasbro one at full price, knowing full well that it's a lame version in comparison to the other. And I'd certainly never buy a hasbro mp-05 in neon colors or whatever silly garbage.they'd end up having to do.

What Hasbro needs to really do first, is figure out how to release something like a long stack mp-01 without it being classified as a childrens toy some idiot might give to a 2 year old that'd break a stack and choke on it. Unfortunately, this would require parents having the sense to not give such an item to a kid like that.

As for the "battle damage" I guess it's the only thing they can come up with so they can go "ok, you guys don't get long stacks like in Japan, but look at what you get instead!"

8. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

Chrome grill & bumper? My hasbro version has them.

I don't think 20'th Prime is "lame". I'm quite pleased with him.

And not having long stacks means there is no chance of breakage, which I've heard is a problem with the Mp.

9. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

The first release was MP Prime with shortstacks and some battle damage, but identical to a fault, including chrome. DVD Prime doesn't and is what you refer to.

You're forgetting that for Hasbro to actually make this supreme effort you speak of, there will probably be a price premium and needs a considerable fan/consumer backing (which I doubt exists, especially with all the other options at our disposal).

They... did what? :peoples: 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I could totally see it happening. Especialy with the rumour that the next MP is Grimlock. (Kids love dinosaurs, and robots.)