Minor/Repaint: Bring me the head of Banzaitron...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Chaos Wolf, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf Well-Known Member

Hey Folks, Chaos again. This is a bit of an odd custom. See, my friend got a copy of RoTF Banzaitron, and really liked the Cashanova Mk 3 Banzaitron head (note, Mk 3 is not the drift sized one). So, when I finally could get Shapeways working right, I picked up a copy and painted it up to match Banzaitron proper as the second half of the Christmas gift...

This took place in March...

In any case, we worked at it and took off the old Banzaitron head, only to pop the Cashanova Mk 3 Banzaitron head (Buy yours today!) on it it's place. Worked like a charm and now I've built technically a... Commission?

Regardless, It came out fairly nice, and I have to thank Cashanova again for the awesome headsculpt.

Now why do I keep envisioning this figure in an Actionmaster Rad themed SG colorscheme?

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You did a great job painting the head, man :thumb 

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  3. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

That is Sick man, i might have to Get one of those. Looks Pure fire

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    HOT DAMN!! I may try this since it keeps the figure intact for my collection... while being extra super duper awesome! :D 

5. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Nice work dude.

6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Badass

7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Really nice work. I got one of these heads all the way back in October, and they are pretty damn awesome.

What type of paint did you used? The colours on this match quite well.

8. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf Well-Known Member

I'd go for it, it's really high quality, but you have to be careful the first few times when connecting the two halves if you don't grind it down a bit first. Have a thin Nail file or other thin Metal object to pry it open via wiggling if you try connecting it before it's on the figure.

I have to tell you though, it was a laugh and a half trying to get the old head off of the figure. for the record, the plastic on the back half of Banzaitron's helmet is made out of the same color plastic as his shoulders. Don't ask me how I know this, it just got ... unearthed, during the removal process.

Well, The main face was Games Workshop Red Gore, with a tiny bit of Golden Yellow for the eyes (Had Sunburst Yellow, but couldn't find it for some reason), Scorpion green for the side pieces. and the main of the helmet was a blend of Chaos Black, Ice Blue, and Codex Grey. Frankly, that was a shot in the dark, as the figure was already at my friend's house, I was half worried it wouldn't come out right. Glad it did though.

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Thanks, I think I'll grab some red gore and scorpion green myself, I'm not to happy with the colours i used for the face and side pieces. Thanks for letting me know. Congrats again. Keep up the good work :) 

10. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

see this is why i eventually plan to buy a second bludgeon and two Banzitrons if i can find him for a decent price.(one to keep Virgin one to mod) Cashanova does damn good work.