Customs: Bridge Layer

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, May 30, 2009.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

So I picked up a dropshot at Target when he went down to 10 bucks, I was never a big fan of the mold.

But, I thought if I could take off the missile launchers and replace them with a scissors bridge or something similar to turn into in a bridge layer, kinda like the old GI Joe Toss and Cross.

Revell makes a bridge layer, but its not a scissors bridge. They do have one coming out in the fall that is a scissors bridge style, but I'm afraid it will be too big. I may have to make the bridge from scratch.

Here is a link to a picture of how I would like it to look.

http://www.armour-models.co.uk/images/PanzerShop/MT72.jpg

The main problems I'm seeing is the the bridge connects at the front, not he rear, and that it will be hard to incorporate the bridge into his transformation. The easy way out would be to make him a parts former and just remove the bridge.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this project.

2. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Wow, I can't believe no one commented on this. I got him for 10 bucks at Target the other day too. A friend of mine who has the G I Joe bridge layer thing said that same thing to me about it. Then I asked him for it and he pretty much told me where I could stick the idea of him selling it to me!(the Joe one would probably be too big anyways) I'd love to see it done though. As for how, maybe you could remove his missle launchers and add some extending parts that fold up onto the arms to attach the bridge parts too. See, this is the one thing I hate about the whole online thing, I could probably explain what I mean better in person.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it would make for a nice Cross Over (GI Joe) idea. Maybe have the bridge pieces become his weapon?....or armor?....

Would love to see your take on this Boggs :thumb