Bricks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Inikalord, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Do you like Brick Transformers?

1. Yes, teh breks r FTW!!!

39 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No, r tik u lation es teh win!!!

29 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't mind bricks. G1 Magnus is one of my favorite figures from that era, and Wingsaber is one of my favorite figures from the Unicron Trilogy. ROTF Powered Up Prime (stupid name) is pretty much a brick, and I like him. as long as they look nice, I'm okay with them once in a while. I'd never tolerate a line full of them again though. probably one of the reasons why I own so few G1 reissues.

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bricks are fine as long as they look good. Bricks like the Firecons sucks just as much as the articulated turds like Backstop.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I can't say that I like my bricks to transform. I think the key to a brick is it's requirement not to move. If you're building a chimney or bbq, you'd want to make sure your bricks are seated well and are level and plumb. If they were to transform, they'd probably bring disasterous results in fire safety. Walls made of bricks shouldn't move or transform either, the structural integrity would be compromised. Use plenty of mortar to secure your bricks.

As far as toys, I think the closest we've seen to a brick transformer is Rock Lords, but those were Go-Bots. They were kinda cool.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm alright with bricks.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bricks or fully-jointed, each is what it is. Both are great when done well, or terrible when done poorly.

I do admit toys like Armada Overload and Energon Wing Saber have an odd level of coolness that transcends their inability to do anything other than stand upright or combine with another toy.

6. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    I don't care much for bricks at all. Even when I bought some G1 Comemorative Reissues, I was dissappoited that the figures no only looked 20 years old but couldn't move either. What a let down.

Although I have been known to lighten up to certain bricks, if they have enough gimmicks. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a G1 Fortress Maximus. He may be three bricks in one, but he's still three transformers in one.

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I like bricks. Powermaster Prime is my favorite.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Fort Max isn't so much of a brick, yeah he could have been better but for his day he has a really good range of movment.

9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Depends on the era they're from. G1/G2 is acceptable, any bricks post-BW are epic fail.

10. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My sentiments exactly. :wink: 

11. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

one of my favorite TFs ever was the ultimate brick, made up of a number of slightly smaller but still very blocky bricks. Metroplex! he was totally bricktacular.

as loads of astute transfans have pointed out already - being a brick doesn't preclude a toy being awesome, and personally i quite like the chunky aesthetic.

Although in fairness there is a flipside to all this cuboid love: g1 ultra magnus. looks badass. isn't.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I wouldn't call metroplex a brick at least not when put up against a lot of the other toys from his time, actually I think metro beats e wingsabre in tearms of points of movement, he's blocky but not a brick, the orginal 4 scrable city teams now they are bricks.

13. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

but what articulation he does have is just for the transformation, it's not like you can do much in the way of posing.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think all the RID autobot brothers used every point of articulation for there transformations, against for his time metroplex is well articulated, he can pose like he's taking a step or throwing a very odd punch, more than any of the seekers or autobot cars can do, hell he's got sixshot beaten aswell doesn't he?

15. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really, I'm most concerned about articulation above the waist. How the figure can hold its weapon and point it, since most of my figures are displayed standing if displayed. If the legs of a TF can be "latched" together, all the better, more stability.

+-MWG-+

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd rather have a great-looking brick than a super-articulated turd.

17. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I like doing action scenes with my TFs, so bricks aren't good. Though, if it has a brick robot mode and an alt mode full of playability, I'd still get it.

18. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I like well armed bricks, like apex PM Prime. I even like brick minis like Brawn. Give me a brick with an associated characterization that I like, and I'll probably buy it as long as the colors aren't too hideous. G1 Galvatron is a brick, and he's never appealed to me (probably because I always saw him as just an excuse to have to buy another toy - Megatron was still a viable character to me at that point).

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I for some reason have never been able to part with G1 toys perhaps it's because I had a few when i was a child and still love them, or...

Perhaps it's because back then toys had rubber tires, chrome applications, lead paint, and Dicast Metal Parts.

I love me some Lead Paint...thank you China!!!!!