Brian Tyler Interview up at AICN

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deceptijohn, May 14, 2012.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    OMG! Brian Tyler is just fantastic with his music. I must say, he certainly is the best pick for the show. Yup, yup.

3. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder, did they go back to the orchestra for some new music in season two, or just continue re-using the stuff from the first season?

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome find:D 

I really liked the first OST. It is a bit repetitive at times, but the variations are pretty nice. Sadly, the OST isn't complete: tracks are missing. I cannot wait for the second OST and I hope those missing tracks are there. I want to hear the track used for the Armada and Triage promo in its entirety and I want to hear the track used for Megatron's battle with the Insecticon in Crossfire, as well as whatever new songs we haven't heard yet.

I want more characters to have their own themes--I love Airachnids and Dredwings; why are they the only two that have their own themes? I also want the Decepticons to have their own theme, a much longer one than the one that's on the OST.

Keep up the great work Brian Tyler, you're doing some great things for Transformers and we appreciate your work:thumb 

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AICN site comments always give me the taco shits. They're like Youtube comments except somebody took all their money and now they're mad about life.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh dear. I am laughing entirely too hard at this, and I'm at work.

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Brian Tyler ftw.
    :rock 

8. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

The music for TF Prime is superb. I know "epic" is an overused cliche now, but the music gives this show an epic feel. Combine that with the superb animation, first-class voice cast and excellent stories, and it's IMO the most rock-solid TF animated show ever.

And it's why the Japanese version with the goofy Korean pop song looks and sounds like a sick joke. It's utter crap in comparison.

9. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I greatly enjoy the TFP soundtrack, and this little interview with Brian Tyler is very cool. It's also a bit nice to know that John Williams is one of his heroes when it comes to musical composition.

10. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ah, I didn't know Aragorn did the music for TFP.
    Dats coo.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The guy takes his craft seriously and it shows.

This is so true and SO FUNNY!

12. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Honestly, as a musician myself, I don't find much of the music interesting on its own. I certainly appreciate Mr. Tyler using a full orchestra, and I certainly think it supports the more cinematic feel he and the writers were going for, but for me it doesn't stand on its own, aside from the main theme.

I realize I am partially biased to G1 because I've been hearing those tunes for 26 years now, but the background music in seasons 1 and 2 were more varied-- some straight orch, some mixed with horns, some jazzier/funkier tunes with electric bass and more horns, and some synth (which later became more predominant in season 3). I can easily hum some of the G1 songs, whereas when I think of Prime, I can only sing that 1 main theme.

Edit: I also realize my preference is tainted by my own musical tastes/abilities, I'm more of a jazz/rock saxophonist that enjoys electronic music, than a classical strings guy.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't like Prime's music at all. It's boring and lifeless. That goes double for it's terrible opening theme that almost puts me to sleep in the beginning of every episode.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Thumbs up to Brian Tyler, even if I don't appreciate his music, you can tell he did give it his all.

:lol 

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His score for Children of Dune was amazing. I still listened to occasionally.

16. toxinom

toxinom Megatron Supremacist

You prefer the Japanese version maybe?

17. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I just listened to both of the Japanese openings (not sure if the opener is "Feeling" or "Blaze Out"), and I have a few comments. Neither captures the "feeling" (haha) of Prime, so in that respect I prefer the American opener as-is. Second, Japanese openers never really capture the feel of the American series (I'm leaving out Japanese TF series), and the American TF openers have always been superior in that regard. That said, the Japanese tunes are always catchy as hell and have equal merit to their American counterparts (with the exception of Beast Wars where the US version kicks the crap out of the Japanese version, and Animated, where the Japanese version kicks the crap out of the US version).

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of his stuff is okay but I generally don't like the Prime score that much. It's too repetitive and kind of boring. I can't tell one track from another. With something like DOTM, every track is definitive and memorable.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Or maybe he prefers neither?

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Both openings are garbage.