Brian Goldner speaks... er types

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sy-Rein, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    He makes some good points:

"How do I say this--You guys say you want to see robots NOW, and then, when you see early work-in-progress, you flip out!!!

Let me try to frame where we are headed with TRANSFORMERS, and draw some analogies...you loved G1 the first time you saw it ( and every time since), and so did we...It told a NEW story of sentient beings that have human-like characters, and yet, there is so much more to them than what's on the surface...they transform from recognizable objects to unimaginable robots. They have their own history, and rivalries that we witness, and get swept up in... We all owe it to the next generations of folks to use the technology, storytelling, and access (to real contemporary vehicles/military) that TRANSFORMERS provides to drive this forward...your input in very important as it helps to shape the delivery of TRANFORMERS as a LIVE-ACTION movie. We will show you robots, when they are right....they will be PHOTO-REALISTIC. In fact, this movie could have never been produced much before today....this is worth the effort.

We need to tell an origin story because not everyone is as versed as you in the history....we need to explain elements of the TRANSFORMERS that can be glossed over in animation...there are logic gaps that do need to make sense when a broad global audience buys a ticket and wants to enjoy the show as much as you will...we continue to make progress.

Starcream is a complex character. He is loyal, and yet ready to mutiny all at the same time. He is two-faced and duplicitious...his character will be played out in his design...as he evolves he is looking very cool....

Megatron too is a very important link from past (G1) to present...there are major story elements that will come to light as you watch the film that make his evolving design ring true...of course, he has always had big guns...just wait to see what we have done here....again, LIVE-ACTION....

The comments and jokes about leaving the boards are unjustified...there has never been a group of producers, writiers, and studio executives more engaged in this project, and for that reason not always attached to these boards.

thanks...bg
    "

Original post here:

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/show...8819#post698819

As much as some of us arent completely happy with some of the preliminary designs that have been leaked out, there is still time for some changes and at least the people in charge are listening and are willing to try to make this movie for the fans as much as a new audience.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but as I said in the other thread. He's not really trying to actually answer the fans fears. He's basically running damage control and he seems really good at it. He says alot, but at the same time he says nothing. It's called running a diversion... a "smokescreen" if you will. Basically, he doesn't want to come right out and say that these are the designs, but he's pretty much telling us that their personalities will be similar. But you'll see it through their designs? ...yeah... double talk is good guys...

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well I would think if he doesnt want to answer the fans fears, he wouldnt say anything at all.

Either way, there will be people that make up their minds on this movie well before it's release and there will be others that will wait until they've seen the movie.

Weither or not it ends up that some things are changed or design are changed enough for some people, only time will tell.

4. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Well this is well and good but I don't want G1. It's nice to know their personalities will be good, but Megatron still looks stupid. More important, this guy can't make a point. He starts off talking about designs and then goes into their personalities. All I see is fluff. He doesn't need to justify the story, but I guess he can't realistically bring any closure to the designs either. :duel 

5. xxxresistance

xxxresistance Member

yeah...bla bla. All I hear is "this is how its gonna be so deal with it". He didnt answer anything.

6. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Well-Known Member

well hulk was live action and that looked like hulk from the comic books which i think was awesome.
    so tell me again why transformers can not be done the same way? we have seen fan films come out really good, case in - point

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/OPTIMUS/OPTIMUS_AVI_HIGH.zip

this looks really good for a fan film. looks live action to me, so tell me why it can't be done?

7. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I'll go and see the movie through curiosity, but if it sucks I won't slavishly buy the DVD.

8. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

That guy should be a politician. Says a lot without saying much.

I just can’t believe that if the designs are SO off the mark that EVERYTHING else isn't as well. I mean, what do we have to fear, Michael Bay gave us Armageddon and Pearl Harbor and these were great!(Sarcasm)

MEGATRON LOOOKS HORIBLE. The only thing a photorealistic version of that mess will gat anyone is a million reflections, oh and where the hell is the Decepticon logo? Also doesn’t Megatron have RED eyes? I mean I guess this means its Megatron looking at Earth in the poster. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL PEOPLE.

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Considering how badly Hulk did in the box office as well as general fan reaction, it's probably not the best example to use.

The original TV series version of The Hulk? That did great. Which one had the most changes?

10. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

So the reason for Megatron having a woodchipper for a mouth will be answered. PRAISE GOD! I feel so much better. Shit still is shit I don't care what the reason it is looks like that.

11. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

You're just a bundle of anger aren't ya? ;)  The eyes that are peering over Earth belong to a generic Autobot logo. I can prove it if you want.

12. DARKMETHOD

lol woodchipper

hulk was great for comic book fans who loved dale keowns stuff. it was perfect but bad example money wise. but it did great for die-hard hulk fans.

but my point was made, it can be done it's just somebody see's transformers different then the fans do.

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Tranformers! Genders in disguise! Seriously, though, I've been avoiding looking at all the advance pics for the very reasons you all give above. From what I read in this thread, I'd rather just wait and have a massive heart atatck at the theater on opening day, rather than have a bunch along the way. ; )

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt the visual rendition of the Hulk was the reason the movie tanked at the box offices.

Anyhoo... "This is not the final design. We consider adding a screw somewhere on his left foot."

15. xxxresistance

xxxresistance Member

As much as some of us arent completely happy with some of the preliminary designs that have been leaked out, there is still time for some changes and at least the people in charge are listening and are willing to try to make this movie for the fans as much as a new audience.[/QUOTE]

Time for some changes!?? I hope there is enough time for a redesign!

16. DARKMETHOD

i wonder also why the trnasformers have chicken feet now!???!!!

and triformis, i want you to know i am seeing a doctor about my bad health now and sending the bill to michael bay & co.

17. jmacougar

jmacougar Well-Known Member

I don't really care to see robots ... apparenty anyone can make a robot ... as they've shown. I want to see Transformers. But it doesn't seem like they can do that though.

You'd think the early works-in-progress would look something like an early Transformer ... buuut they don't. I can't say the designs aren't cool ... it's just that ... THEY ARE NOT TRANSFORMERS!!

18. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

words upon words upon words....
    And in reality nothing changes. This is just a cover up. The only thing that resembles G1 or any other kind of transformers we know, is only the names.

Bah!

19. ssn_inc

ssn_inc Well-Known Member

Personaly I have no concerns. I am ready for change and the more the better!

Brian Goldner, this is one fan you are making quite happy.

And just to comment on the big stink that this board has been hosting the last couple days about the designs for good ol' Megs'

Megs'... think about that for a second.

We won't call him Megatron, why should we when he's our chum, our buddy, he is that cute little icon every other person has next to his handle on this and other boards. He like a little naughty cherub we all love.

Everyone say it together now.. "awwww how cute...."

And that is why change is good.

20. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Specifically Optimus Prime (apparently).