Brian Goldner Responds To Movie Megatron Leak

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    After intensely negative fan reaction to the leak of the Transformers Movie Megatron, Hasbro COO Brian Goldner has responded on the Don Murphy Forums.

See his original post Here.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Changes will be made. Yessss.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, so the Megatron we've seen is not only not final, but they haven't finalised the design yet anyway "throughout time he has had a very big gun" hmm...
    I won't get my hopes up over massive changes being done, but I have faith in the production so I doubt I'll be dissapointed.

Starscream is nearer final I'd guess, of course a hardcopy doesn't mean that that is the final design (see early MP SS) I doubt it'll be too far off that.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    mmmm big gun :lol  I wonder what that means

5. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've lost all hope already. Nice words, but I'll believe them when I see the revisions.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BAH! BAH I say!

Seriously... I'm not thinking there's going to be alot of changes made to any of these characters. I'd say what we've seen is going to be close to the version we see in toy form and what's on the movie screen. Directors, producers and corprate shmucks will lie to you about anything if it means a little damage/crowd control... that's the way the game is played.

Of course, I like the designs anyways, sure... I don't like them for who they're intended to be, but I'll live... some changes would be nice and I'll be pleasantly surprised if some are there. I seriously doubt they'll be any significant change though.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

more

Ah, so we are getting more lies again. They said that the Starscream design was not real whatsoever then we get all the "gray" copies but come on why can we believe this stuff now, I mean I am sorry but they do not produce toys that are completely not what they are making, prototypes are usually not insanely different then the finals.

They would not make that bug thing for the helicopter then it will end up looking like G1-esque guys this is another lie. They would not produce a toy of that crazy Megatron and then make a “normal” version as the final toy that would be a huge waist of money they do concept sketches before they ever make a toy, it is ridiculous to think if we have seen the toys, that these are not near the end designs.

It sounds like they mean the characters, I mean Megatron could have one of those Vash the Stampede guns hidden in all that crap that spins out like the Batmobile armor like they all look.

I mean Starscream is the new jet he never says the bot mode is any different he says the design will change but that could mean they give him hands he never once says it will look like G1. It just alludes to it to tide us over again until the next leak of designs.

8. helix

helix Well-Known Member

its gonna take a whole lot of revising to stop them looking like a pile of ass

i.e. scrap everything and start again

dont get me wrong - as i said before- good designs for alien robots,sure.

wack designs for Tf alien robots. its not how it was and isnt how it should be, no need for pure G1 stling but no need for it to be completely removed.

im glad they are making changes and hopefully it will stop it just being a movie called TF's

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree. They have a movie to make. Can they really make big changes like this on a main character? Still I hope for a big gun.

10. Scourge_151

If the robots are mainly CGI I'd imagin they could change a fair amount, I'm guessing Megs' lower half won't change much since they had that big mock-up built, same goes for bumblebee, but as far as I know these are the only 'solid' bits of robot that have ben built and the rest is left to post-prod.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Read the script. His "big gun" is explained there. As are most of the "guns" for the Transformers. Brian Goldner is assuming you haven't read the leaked script.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kinda like the alien look to them. Looks more realistic when you turn the robot into a vehicle, than to try turning a car into a robot. I look at most of the movie designs. i see giant freakin robot. No obvious evidence of a vehicle mode on some of them. Then I look at G1. It is a robot with car parts on it. And you can basically tell what kind of car too. That isn't much of a disguise. The fact you can't tell what they turn into at a glance is great IMO.

If they do a sequel I'd love to see the "dinobots" but make them military vehicles. Grimmy a tank, Sludge a humvee, Sludge... well a bigger, slower tank than Grimmy, Swoop a fighter jet. Kinda like they were in War Within comics

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The "big gun" element, like Kickback said, shows up in the script. However, I still don't believe Goldner. I think he's just running damage control. I think that what we've seen is what we get, unfortunately.

Now, that's just my take, based on my experience tracking in-production sci-fi films. I could easily turn be proven wrong.

14. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I think everyone needs to settle down. The movie is not G1, it's not Armada and it's not Beast Wars. This is totally new vision of the Transformers and we should wait and enjoy it for what it is, not what every individual person thinks it should be.

Do I love the desings I've seen? No, but I'm still hopeful about the movie and I'm willing to live with the crazy style. It may be the only way to make it look realistic.

I should say that everyone on this board is pretty reasonable about everything, but that is not true throughout fandom.

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Well thats some good news, I guess. I dont see why they just didn't keep it to their traditional style. Ah well, guess i'll just have to wait and see.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Big Gun = Hentai Tongue!

Yayyyyy!

17. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Big gun? No, no, no... I'm sure that's a typo.... Surely he meant big TONGUE :p 

*EDIT*

Curses! Foiled by Twin Twist!!!

18. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

I'll lay odds this is nothing more than some "spin" to keep the fan base quiet for now. All statements are ambiguous, and they never give us anything solid or confirmed, one way or the other.

In the end they are going to do what they want to do.

19. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

What's wrong with the designs? I think they look awesome! Also, megatron as an alien spacecraft is perfect. Decepticons have always been more capable in the sky. I am a little confused by an earth based alt mode for starscream and an "alien" mode for megatron, but I am sure that will be explained in the movie.

20. Scourge_151

Which part of the script's it in? can't find it.