Brian Goldner: Characters and core mythology will be the focus of Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Mar 1, 2010.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Wow. Does something about this comment seem... familiar, to anyone?

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Haha. Just like the 2nd one. :lolol 

3. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

ok, haters, say what you will, but im getting really good vibes so far. so far, this movie looks like more win than rotf and tf07 combined. and even though im a fan of pretty explosions, i love the idea of more mythos. i still just hope they dont do unicron, even though more than likely they might.. oh well. really looks like there pulling a lord of the rings deal here. 2 ok first movies, then a really awesome 3rd movie.

here is to transformers 3: return of the king!

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OMFG this just further proves that TF3 will be THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF HUMAN EXISTENCE IN ANY CONTINUUM OF UNIVERSES and that Michael Bay has further RUINED TRANFORMERS FOREVER and COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE FRANCHISE! He should just QUIT and NOT EVEN MAKE TF3.
    :mad 

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I seem to recall a lot of promises for more character in TF2, yet in actuality we got less character per cast member. It'd be awesome to see an actual backstory, but I won't be holding my breath.

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    ...so, less of Skids and Mudflap?

*sulks in corner*

7. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to believe that people who believe what they hear/read from interviews with those profitting from good publicity and hype are the same people that believe testimonials from commercials...

8. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

Transformers: The Revenge of Barricade! Who's with me?

9. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Unicron. I'm calling it. I'm praying this movie series had the opposite curve of the Spiderman films, 1=ok , 2= great, 3=crap. So the TF one would be 1= ok, 2=crap, 3=great.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    More characters?

Mother of a f*ck. I thought we had enough.

Now I'm curious of what the plot will be.....

11. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I smell Unicron.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Well I can't say I hate it or not as of right now i'm netural I can't judge a movie when haven't even seen it or not I wait and see maybe once we some trailers it will help tell If i like it. But till then I wait.

13. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    problem is they have had 2 movies to do it right and failed. now they want to do character and story development? now in rotf we had alot of bots, which sadly resulted in more decepticon deaths which is utter bullshit.

now they are gonna cram abunch of lore and history shit into the movie to make up for the last two, and after it is all said and done we will all be like, ummm what?

and if there is character development it will be heavily focused on the autobots. maybe megs and starscream. i mean come on how do the decepticons rise to power on cybertron but yet in 2 movies only 1 autobot casualty? bullshit. oh i forgot, our human superior weapons and technology helped. fart.

14. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

why does everyone hate on the movies. did anyone see g.i. joe, you think that was better than rotf, your kidding yourself.

you really dont realize how good that movie was, if anyone else grabbed this franchise it would have not been as good.

yeah i wanna see jolt talk or sideswipe have more than 2 lines, but wtf! people 4 pages of hate.

be happy some geek in cally even remembered what transformers was, other wise we would be seeing maters of the universe or some rainbow bright crap!

we got killer effects and a crap story who cares. i just wanna see hugh robot that beat eachother up.

thumbs up michael bay thumbs up

15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I just wanted to add my 2 cent and say that we are getting a lot more news about this
    movie than we did with ROTF,the last one we would go months without mention of anything
    I am glad they are letting us fanbase know stuff early on.Also just think less than 2 months
    till the start of the filming,I can't wait to see what what the vehicle designs look like,as I'm
    sure they will be H-O-T Hot. And like Tyrese said in the first movie "Bring It".

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

so much damage control. he is only stating dont worry we are going to make the movie more story driven now and Michael was on board the entire time.

when in reality Michael Bay doesnt tell stories and he is more about setting up shots for scenes more so than telling a story.

Ill believe it when I see it. So far story telling is a big no show in these movies. If they pull it off awesome but why should we get our hopes up they never follow through on bringing anything truly substantial.

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Oookay.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

This movie franchise has been kind of like a bad relationship. It was fun at first, but then it got bad. Now they're trying to fix it, and you want to believe them, but the previous experience leaves you hesitant to give them another chance.

This is Transformers. They'll always add in new characters to sell toys.

In all seriousness, the most I'm hoping for is that it'll at least be as fun as the first film was. Anything else I just don't see happening.
    ROTF pissed off way too many people in and out of the TF fandom.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not taking anything these clowns say seriously, but this certainly could tie into certain events in that supposedly fake leaked script.

Although going that direction would be a disaster for all the attention to realistic scale they've supposedly adhered to so closely. It would how ever allow Hasbro to release new versions of all movie characters significantly different enough to really encourage sales.

What ever. I just hope the movie is better than the last one from a story perspective. I have to say I enjoy watching the fight scenes from ROTF on dvd better than the first movie, but I find the movie completely unwatchable from to start to finish.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Defending it based on tiny shreds of fluff information doesn't really have any more merit than hating on it. We know next to nothing about the movie and you're already eagerly sticking up for it? It's pretty early for that.

I'd say the "I'll believe it when I see it" type sentiment going around is reasonable enough.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010