Breaks between episodes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by optimegatron, Aug 1, 2011.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I'm sure this question has been asked plenty of times before, but I'm really not getting why every two episodes are seperated with 1-3 weeks of break. If anyone will be kind enough to tell me, thanks in advance!

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the Hub aired the first five episodes in one week, and that fucked up their production schedule.

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... Thad seems to make no sense... Joking. That makes perfect sense, thanks! I guess...

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It takes time to animate the CGI.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I wanted to start a thread about this today, too.
    I downloaded the "new episode" yesterday, opened it and thought "Huh? Haven't I seen this already?", looked into the folder and saw that I downloaded the last episode again...

Then I went to this forums again and saw that they are having a break again!

What is this shit?

Seems a little bit rushed if they are behind with their schedule and still need to make those episodes. How often do they air a new episode? Once in a month?

Why didn't they wait until they are done? I mean, they have been holding the TF Prime toys behind so they don't interfere with sales of DOTM toys. Then why start with the show earlier? Especially when you are not even finished with your work there... I don't get it.

What are they showing in that timeslot when there is no new episode of TFP?

Right now it really sucks. It's been too often that I sat home and thought "Yay, new episode of TFP" but there wasn't. When at least the waiting time would be worth it. I mean, the episodes are interesting and entertaining and I pretty much enjoy them, but they are not worth waiting for weeks. They are mostly sub par of the quality level that the series five parter pilot has set.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then don't. Do you honestly have nothing else to watch? This very site warns users of upcoming new episode airdates, pay attention to that and you'll be fine.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t know how productions for animation regular shows work, but I recall watching a special on soap operas discussing how producers try to stay a 3 to 4 months ahead of schedule to lessen the impact of the problems like illnesses and what not—sounds pretty good considering these actors have very little time off.

According to Bob Orci, it takes 6 months to animate a show—sounds too damn long considering we’ve seen 20 episodes already—you’d think they would have created about half of the show or more before they even premiered it to keep up with the one season per year formula. How long ago was Transformers Prime in development?! These delays would make one think that the studio is developing episodes one or two ahead of the one currently airing.

8. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Am I the only one unaffected by this? Everyone's up in arms about it (well, not everyone). I watch the episodes online, and I actually LIKE the breaks. It gives me time to do other things, and not constantly be hyped up about what's going to happen.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I don't get the impatiance either. I mean it's not like we're being forced to do nothing in between the breaks. There are other things to do while we wait. When a new episode is coming, the site will tell us.

10. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

How many original shows does the Hub have at the moment? Because I bet Hub would have had difficulty maintaining viewers without Prime.

I'm thinking, they need Transformers Prime out there because without it the Hub could quikly lose its profitability. Maybe they needed more people to pick the channel out as part of the cable package; maybe something to show for their kids. Its one of their biggest draws.

And didn't someone state that kids don't notice that they're just watching reruns.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have to agree, that it is annoying to watch old re-runs of a cartoon that is fairly new.

I exspect to have a new cartoon ready every week because I am paying extra for a new channel, called the Hub.

Lastly, I suppose there are other things to watch but I enjoy watching prime and even though it sounds corny spending time at home with air conditioning in 100+ degree weather.

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Besides is not a bad show.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I don't think it's "kids don't notice they're just watcing reruns" as much as it is "kids don't give a crap if they're just watching reruns", many channels nowadays ask for shows to be written in episodic manner as to maximize viewership during reruns so yeah.

With all those topics I'm starting to think we need an official IS TF PRIME ON BREAK topic, stickied and all.

Also I think it's worth noting that we get to see episodes as soon as possible after they're ready for TV, so even if you find the breaks painful you're factualy getting to watch those episodes earlier than if they had no breaks in between.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

hub got stupid ads on hub channel

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    We can put it right above the "DO NOT USE IMDB OR WIKIPEDIA AS A SOURCE FOR EPISODE TITLES OR VOICE ACTORS" thread.

Honestly, I'm getting annoyed with these breaks too. The Hub chose a bad time to launch. They didn't have Prime ready to air, rushed it and rushed the animators to help boost ratings, and ended up having the breaks between episodes and the long gap between the show premier and toyline. If the Hub launched a year later they'd have been in better shape.

16. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Would've timed up better with the toys too!

And I thought Animated fans had a rough wait.

At least Prime won't have to worry about cancelled molds!

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Not even 1 year later man, 6 months would've been enough, the animators by June would already have up to Shadowzone ready and they could air smoothly without any breaks while giving time for the other 11 to be aired.

But I guess they just didn't have much faith in the other shows.... seriously who would've though MY LITTLE PONY would've been a freaking hit?

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I was gonna say 6 months, I just decided a year would be better since the toyline would come even closer to meeting the show's premier, I just forgot to put that in my explanation .

Also, I personally think MLP wouldn't have been popular if they didn't include little "easter eggs" like Derpy Hooves or Dr. Whooves. That's just my opinion though. I watched one episode because everybody claimed it was amazing, and I honestly hated it, except for one facial expression that I used as my avatar here for a while. But still, it's not Transformers-popular. Isn't Prime the Hub's top show, with GI Joe just behind?

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Looking at ratings yes Prime and GI Joe (both go together due to being at the same block) get solid Persons 2+ 160,000-ish viewers while MLP's block on the same day durign the morning gets Persons 2+ 104,000.

Prime and Joe are still The Hub's viewing leaders it seems, but really unless all those numbers for Joe come from people tha watch Prime also watching Renegades I do believe that both Renegades and MLP together could've delivered solid ratings while they finished up Prime, but I can't be sure based on the fact that I'm not a freaking television rating expert in fact chances are I'm getting those numbers all wrong here fffffff :p 

Bittersweet however is the fact that it seems that viewership for Prime on the saturday block never decreases even after all those breaks, so sadly they don't have any reason to do something about them in Season 2 :( 

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

Probably to keep up with the production of season two so it can air on time. But these breaks are so long and this series is so awesome.