2D Artwork: Breakout

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by GrungeWerX, Sep 2, 2007.

1. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2003
    I had a lot of fun with this. :D 

Although this character was originally called Blackout a few years ago, in order to keep distanced from the movie, I changed her name. I think this one suits her too. I'd like your comments on her profile. I'm still new at writing these, so I hope it's a decent read. Enjoy!

Name: Breakout
    Faction: Decepticon
    Function: Hunter/Tracker
    Primary Weapon: Twin Gunsabers
    Alternate Mode: Lamborghini Murcielago
    Motto: “I’m a surgeon with these things.”

Strength: 6
    Intelligence: 7
    Speed: 6
    Endurance: 5
    Courage: 8
    Firepower: 4
    Skill: 7

Bio: Perceptor’s experimental efforts to stabilize the Autobot Burnout’s erratic spark resulted in the severing of her consciousness into two sparks (see Burnout). Her violent and cunning alter ego escaped Autobot Headquarters in a stolen protoform. She would later emerge amongst the ranks of Decepticons as the relentless assassin called Breakout.

Where Burnout is unsure of herself, Breakout is driven and focused. Her inner hatred is a result of eons of emotional abuse that she attributes to her “sister’s” weakness. As a result, Breakout has embraced the ideology of Metallikato, in an effort to stabilize mind and mechanism through strict discipline.

Breakout’s effectiveness as a tracker has given her a unique role in Megatron’s army and he rewards her deeds with praise. She takes pride in returning to Decepticon headquarters with an Autobot’s spark core as her personal trophy. While blatantly aware of Megatron’s manipulative methods, she is more blindly consumed with her pursuit of fearlessness. She makes it no mystery that she’s less concerned with the Decepticon cause and more concerned with severing the heads of her enemies.

Breakout is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, despite the fact that she is only moderately trained in the rigorous disciplines of Metallikato. She is particularly effective in the use of her gunsabers; she takes pride in dismembering unsuspecting Autobots. In vehicle mode, her chassis is covered in a sensor-retardant shell, making her undetectable to even the most sophisticated surveillance equipment. In vehicle mode, her maximum speed is 450 mph with a range of 650 miles.

Weaknesses: Breakout’s extended durations of time out in the field limit her interactivity with other Decepticons, often making her ineffective in a group. This suits her fine as she is a self-proclaimed recluse and rather enjoys her function as a lone tracker. While an effective combatant, she is only adept at tackling a couple of enemies at a time and will head for the nearest exit when outnumbered. This isn’t fear, but more her devotion to Metallikato’s dictates that “to err on the field untrained is more disgraceful than to flee seeking further perfection.”
  2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Jul 2, 2002
    Wow, the design is pretty spiffy! The colouring and highlighting is also pretty cool.

And yes, the bio is fine. Like the quote in the weaknesses section as well ;) 
  3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

Dec 19, 2004
    News Credits:
  4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

Aug 2, 2004
    News Credits:
    Sexy and deadly. how to lose with that combination? ^^
    Really nice design, the colors fit the character really well. I like the bio and the motto.