Breaking ROTF Prime Was The Best Thing That Happened to Him

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astronopolis, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    let me explain.

A couple weeks ago, I was transforming my ROTF Prime for like the 20th time or so; I don't normally count, but this was notable because I'm usually terrified as hell when popping out those tabs that hold his chest flaps in.

Sweating, I gradually apply more and more pressure, one side had come out easily, but this one is giving me a hard time. I stop, wipe my brow and give it one more go.

The little peg snaps off.

Trembling in horror, I pick up the little nub of plastic, my jaw hanging slack.

"What do I do now?", I thought. So I finished transforming him into truck mode, and taped the nub onto the cab for when I figured out what to do.

A week goes by, and by surprise my sister-in-law and nephews come over for a short visit, and while no-one is looking, they ransack my toys while we talk. a couple toys are broken, but nothing that a little glue won't fix.

So, finally this afternoon, I take it upon myself to repair everything.

So finally I get to Prime. I glue the tab on, and while that dries, I cut little channels for the nubs to slide into so they don't need to be forced in or out. While I was at it, I removed his swords, as i never really deployed them and it keeps him from having a neutral pose.

He has gained so much playability from these modifications! He is no longer terrifying or annoying to Transform, and he looks a whole lot better too!

All of this has gotten me wondering if there's anything else that can be done to improve this figure further. Do you have any such mods? If so, please share them!

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I know Savio Prime makes a piece for his hip that allows the wheel to go parallel with the bottom one. Makes it a lot more screen accurate. I need a set of those.

I was lucky, in that my OP has some nice little grooves in it already. Although the Japanese Black Amazon Prime doesn't. It isn't too tight, but I still am very cautious when Transforming him. Although, I did take out his swords. They are this amazing color of blue, but the just hinder the figure so much when not deployed.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The funny thing is the Takara instructions for Buster Prime actually show a picture with little notches for those stomach pegs even though they were not on any of the actual releases. I made those notches as soon as I got all of my primes out of the package.

I recommend checking out the feedback forum if you like to mod your figures. Lots of good info in there.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? That's all kind of awesome. I'll have to do some radicon digging then.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    WO checking mine...i think jetwing has those groves.