Breaking news! Reviewers wrong! Lair doesn't suck!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gryph, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yes, people paid to play video games for a living dont know how to play a motion-controlled game, and someone actually had the gull to say it's because game journalists are hardcore gamers that dont like motion control... Cause, ya know, the reviews for Metroid Prime 3 are all lies, as are the sales figures in Japan that has the Wii outselling PS3 5 to 1.

This screams of desperation, a rush job in hopes of bumping up the bad scores the game gets all around. Sony's first big attempt to do what Nintendo has done for years, make the best games for their own system with the best usage of their own hardware, and fail abysmally.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Protip: The game does not suck. If you cannot control the dragon, then your Sixaxis is broken or you are indeed a monkey.

Seriously. I have no idea what caused this game to get the low scores that it did. Ive been going through numerous complaining lately because of game reviewers. First the unbelievably massive over hype of BioShock. Now the massive underscoring of Lair. The game is much better than the 4.X reviews the game is receiving. I would have expected a range of scores for this game. The lower end being in the 6's and higher maybe being in the 8's. I propose that the reviewers were not in fact playing the game (right). I hope this is just a big "F*ck you" from Factor 5.

Also, since I mentioned it, here is the most honest review of Bioshock on the internet, and its funny: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/103130.html

4. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's quite funny, but sad:( 

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stopped reading your post after you said this.

6. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i just don't think the sixaxis is a good enough controller for that type of gameplay. the wii remote and nunchuk were actually built from the ground up to use motion controls. that's why a game like metroid prime 3 feels so good. sony just took a controller from the mid-90s and tacked on a motion sensor to try and keep in the game. it's no wonder that a game built around a motion control scheme would feel so awkward, the controller wasn't designed for it.

7. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Oh ho ho, you finally realize this? ;) 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's all deserved.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's ok, he obviously hasn't played it.

10. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Bioshock is amazing/ Lair is terrible, if PS3 keeps throwing out bombs like this the machine is going to be lost like the Dreamcast except the DC actually had a lot of good games and the PS3 just doesnt.

11. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I haven't played Lair, so it's hard to say. It seems like all they needed to do was include the option for analog control of the dragon instead of just using motion control.

I did see a youtube video of someone playing the game and it looked responsive enough. How responsive are dragons supposed to be?

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I have Lair. It did not live up to all the hype for sure. But I have not had any issues with motion controls, I like them because it is something different. Including an option for analog control would have been smart but it's too late now. Is not the the greatest or worst game ever made, it is simply average to me, with nice graphics and an interesting enough story that I keep playing.

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Not all of it, but it is a good game.

Best review evah!

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love that guy's reviews.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any review for anything that doesn’t agree with me is wrong. Even if I never played it.

16. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

what i find funny is that people defend the controls by saying that realistically a dragon would be harder to control than a plane anyway. last i checked we didn't have any real dragons to compare with planes on how well they control.

17. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ok i got 3 games in the same day lair ,bioshock and warhawk. i love warhawk and like both lair and bioshock lairs controls can be a bit annoying at times and f5 says that they will be doing a live dlc to give anolog support which is nice but i do like the motion controls and the story plus im a fantasy fan too so dragons to me = KICKASS. yes all one word on that bioshock is pretty good too i thought it was a little more overhyped then lair but that just MHO . meanwhile warhawk is just that warhawk a barage of dogfighting rocket launching fun that if it gets old turn it off wait an hour or so and turn back on yay fun again. but i digress lair even with its overhyped faults is still a fun game and i like it same with bioshock if im on my pc and i dont want to access one of my myriad of mmorpgs ill play that or oblivion. im on the side of i think it was reviewed to harshly im not saying its that awsome but the low scores it got wasnt warranted id have to say 7/10 for me on lair, a 8/10 on bioshock and warhawk a nice8/10 too all around for me an awsome game purchase now i cant wait for HS and ROCKBAND

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bioshock is an amazing game and has incredible art direction- and not just to show off good graphics just because it can. It sounds like Factor 5 is trying to pull a Ewe Bowl here and blame others for their shoddy game.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as the over hyping of Bioshock, that's really the pot calling the kettle black here if you are defending Lair. A lot of people, even on these forums, didn't even know what Bioshock was, and it's not plastered everywhere, it's just critically acclaimed.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't even own a gaming system or a decent PC and I like his reviews. Bitingly funny humor is awesome no matter what the subject is.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I had to read to make sure it happened.

But you know, good games shouldn't be hyped, it's wrong!