Breaking Bumblebee's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I wanna get a deluxe Bumblebee but I'm afraid to because of the reports of him breaking. My friend got one & told me that it snapped in half. He said he got pissed & threw it in the trash, I wish he showed me it so I could see exactly what broke. Where can I find detailed info about this problem? I remember seeing a thread about it when it was first reported but I couldn't really tell from the pics which piece is causing the problem. I remember it said Hasbro fixed it & there is a corrected version out in the stores & that you can see the difference in the package. Can somebody tell me exactly what I'm looking for? Or post a pic?

2. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

my bumblebee's front clip that becomes his chest won't stay up in vehicle mode.
    So I bought the 2 pack with barracade and that one works fine.

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    toyark is the place you wanna be asking :) 

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Can you help me edit the title of this thread? I can't change it in the edit page. I spelled Bumblebee wrong by accident & I can't fix it.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can anyone else support this?

Was thinking of buying that Walmart 2pack and if it includes a better Bee then Im in!

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    my single pack, deluxe Bumblebee is fine, no problems what so ever.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    my friend broke the automorph on the left leg about ten minutes after i opened the package. otherwise he's ok.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine's been fine for a month and it's the defective version with the elongated plastic.

Just never, ever pull down on the hood. Use the button at all costs.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I haven't gotten to open mine yet, but damn if this isn't the most fragile TF that I've ever heard of.

Makes me nervous just looking at it in the package.

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I have the two pack version and mine hasn't had any difficulties with its hood (or anything else for that matter).

11. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have to press the button on the hood to transform him, anyother way ends in tragedy. i took my bee back and got another defective one. but ive learned from my mistake. its perfectly fine now

12. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

There's nothing fragile about it.

There's nothing "defective" about it.

If there's any problem it's the automorph feature. As was said, you absolutely MUST use the button to release the hood at the start of the transformation. If you force it, you WILL break it in some way that will prevent the front end of the car from ever locking back into place for car mode.

I broke a non-defective BB, and returned it and got a so-called "defective" one that is not defective in any way that I can tell. It transforms fine.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    QFT. Not following the directions is what's breaking them, not the plastic tab itself.
    I've transformed my "defective" one several times a day since I got him on June 2, and had no problems whatsoever. Even the superstiff automorph button has loosened into a much easier to push configuration.

14. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Bumblebee and Barricade must both have some kind of production issues, because I DID buy the two-pack as you save like 5 bucks or so on it and BOTH of the toys are having issues with mine.

Bumblebee's chest won't stay clipped in vehicle mode. It acts like the button is permanently pressed and after fooling with it for half an hour and looking here I've decided it's junk and it's going back and I'm getting another set in the hopes he's better.

Barricade's arm won't stay clipped either and keeps flipping his stupid arm off unless I have it straight up and down.

This is what I get for getting two Transformers instead of one and not just grabbing Starscream at the start.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That button sounds heavenly. I was going to hold out for the '08/09 Camaro BB but I'm thinking I might get him now. (I was sold on him until all these QC complaints, but now I see they're just mis-TFing them)

16. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

I hadn't mistransformed mine. He was in bot mode when I bought him.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    From what I hear, I beleive you have a truely defective one.

18. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Not for long. I'm taking the set back to Wal-Mart to trade for another one.

UPDATE!

I exchanged it for another 2-pack. I have yet to check Barricade yet, but Bumblebee's chest does lock firmly into place for vehicle mode. The downside is that the button is a pain to press to get it to pop out, but, if I hold the button I can move the chest fairly easily out of vehicle mode.

I do however have a new problem. The wonderful 'AUTOMORPH' they have in the gear on his driver side legs. They put them in WRONG so his roof and back end aren't fully transformed in vehilce mode. Luckily a screwdriver should be enough to fix the problem. Unless Barricade has issues at this point I think I'll be all set with this set.

I am NOT happy with quality control this time around with Hasbro's stuff. I have only had one other toy out of the 200 or so TFs that I own that I've had to exchange before this and now I get two defective toys on the same night in the same batch? Makes me worry about the rest of the movie toys I plan to buy.

You can believe I'm e-mailing Hasbro about it as well. This is some pretty serious slippage really. *grumbles*

19. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

There's part of the problem. You aren't supposed to move the "chest" yourself. It's supposed to spring into position by itself, without you having to move it. Trying to move the front end of the car yourself rather than letting it spring into position seems to be a good way to break it, from what I experienced.

20. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

It's working fine so far. Barricade has the spring arm thing hat won't stay. Useless feature. Ugh.

But Bumblebee seems fine now.