Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Shipwreck, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Is anyone else as addictived to this show as I am currently?

2. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, not quite sure how or why. Caught the marathon of the first three episodes earlier in the week, tuned in last night for the new episode and was sorely disappointed when the hour was up. I wanted more! I'd love to watch this show in 2, 3, 4 hour chunks (the first three eps worked well like that) but I don't think I can just wait for the DVDs.

Didn't even recognize Bryan Cranston at first... I new the guy was familiar but just couldn't place him.

And has Vince Gilligan (the creator) written every episode so far? That's interesting.

Any idea how long the season is suppose to be? 6 eps? 13? 24?

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I think it's great!! :thumb 

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I think this season has 7 episodes.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

SUCH A GOOD SERIES!

I really hope they do a second season, that ending make me want moar. One of the best series I've see on TV in quite a while.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, I see that this thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. Does anyone watch this series?

The new season started a bit slow for me, but has really worked to develop some tension among the plot lines.

I made the mistake of watching last night's episode right before bed. I definitely couldn't sleep after that ending.

Hank's increasing stress and the nearly immediate resolution of the arc with the brothers was perfect. Typically, shows hold something like that over the audience for episodes. To see it end in that uninterrupted and brilliantly executed sequence at the end was very appreciated. The brothers were also two of the most ruthless characters I've seen in a portrayal of a "real world" environment. I'll miss the shiny axe!

I didn't think the show could sustain itself after a couple of seasons, but I'm glad to be wrong.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to jump in but never got the chance.

8. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Definitely get into it. The episode last Sunday was better than anything other shows have put on television this year.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Brilliant show. Among the best on TV today. I was actually wondering if there was already a thread for it...

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Absolutely.

This show is by far the best (non-comedy) thing on TV at the moment.

I was really thinking they would let Hank die, seemed like the right time to do it.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This show is incredible, and has been since day one. It never takes the obvious route that other shows would. The characterization and long-distance plotting are without peer. And Bryan Cranston is amazing.

The Brothers have been some of the creepiest characters ever. And judging from the promo for next week's ep,
    the one Hank squished isn't dead

12. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Exactly.
    There was the obvious necessity, once they moved to the Brothers and Hank, that one of two outcomes would manifest. I leaned toward Hank dying, but played through the different possible repercussions for both results. I definitely didn't think that it would be resolved so quickly, though, and kept waiting for a text message of "Pollos" to appear even if that contradicted Gustavo (who made the call to Hank?) giving the initial go-ahead for the hit.

(Curious: what is the best comedy on now, in your opinion?)

The thing about the show, at least for me and I very much doubt it is unique, is the overwhelming sense of dread with every decision. Nothing good will result from any of the choices made, but it is merely a temporary bridge to the next unenviable decision. The show makes me uncomfortable mainly because Bryan Cranston is so personable and his character's situation is relatable (in a sort of empathetic way). It's like watching a train wreck filmed at 500 frames per second played back at 24 frames per second.

13. llamatron

News Credits:
    I added in my non-comedy disclaimer because I find it unfair to compare dramatic shows to comedic ones - dramatic ones almost always come out as "superior" even if they aren't necessarily as instantly entertaining on the surface. Anyway, personally I think the best currently airing comedy show would have to be Party Down.

This is an excellent way of describing it.

14. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Finally watched this weeks episode.... wow.

I found myself yelling at the TV, "get the bullet, get the bullet"

I feel sorry for Gale, but it looks like he will be around for a while longer at least.

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    YES.

And before that: "Quit looking for people in the parking lot. Just fucking GO."

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've really gotten into this show hardcore. I watched the last marathon, and have been on the edge of my seat since.

17. llamatron

News Credits:
    Bump because of last night's crazy ending. Oh and the finale coming up next week. HOLY CRAP.

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I can't remember a time I've ever watched a show this intense. That ending last night, too . . . .

O_O

19. mineraljane

News Credits:
    I actually just watched the final two episodes of this season late last night and didn't end up getting to sleep until nearly 5 in the morning. As I tossed in bed, the series played back as a stream of images in my head for a good three hours.

Without question, this has been the best season of any television show in the past few years. (I haven't enjoyed a show this much since the Wire was on HBO.)

March 2011 will not come soon enough.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I totally agree. I've literally been on the edge of my seat with each episode. The ending for this season . . . O_O. Last Sunday's episode still has my jaw dropping as well.

I really enjoy the principle photography and cinematography as well. I think some movie directors need to take notes, let alone those who develop television programs (the quality certainly has improved over the years, but we still get a fair amount of garbagey kitsch).