Breakdown: what do you think? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Liam Prime, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    now that breakdown is one with the allspark (or matrix, whichever you profer) are you bothered that hes gone? would you liked to have seen more of him or do you think he served his purpose in this series?

personally i would liked to have seen a bit more of him.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He had a lot of unrevealed backstory and development potential, so it's a shame.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I was perplexed he got offed :O but yea I would have liked to see more of him in the duo and his rivalry background :)  But sadly miss head hunter wanted him as a trophy

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I doubt anyone will disagree with; THIS

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll see more of Breakdown in flashback like if Bulkhead's telling the story of how he and Breakdown were buds.

6. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeh i think the main thing that should have been addressed before they bumped him off: what happened that made him such a big enemy of bulks?

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

While I was surprised they skipped his development, I now realize that they did all they had to. They set up he was a bad person who did bad things. What more needs to be said? And he was never going to change sides. That was mere fan speculation, resulting in them getting their hopes up. Although I wonder why they ever included his dept to Starscream as they never play out that part. And while it is strange Bulkhead didn't kill him, I think his death was good enough.

I'm also quite glad he's dead. He was the most worthless out of all the named Decepticons. Megatron is one of the most powerful characters and a good plotter, Dreadwing sends Optimus running and tactics are far from beyond him, Soundwave is a competent spy who, when necessary, can kick ass and is clearly very clever and Knockout is a medic who can fight even Optimus Prime. Breakdown was just an unintelligent bruiser who struggled to fight merely Bulkhead.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was very surprised how BD was put to death and I would have liked for him to stick around a little bit more.

If he would have stuck around I would have liked to see his past.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I feel like Knock Out would've been a better choice just because Breakdown had more possibilities from a storytelling perspective based on what they've shown already.

-History with Bulkhead
    -Compassion towards Vehicons
    -Debt to Starscream

While Knock Out is infatuated with his looks...and that's pretty much it. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a funny character and I really enjoy it whenever he appears, but Breakdown was more interesting.

10. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Yes, I'm quite disappointed. I enjoyed him and Knock Out. Hopefully the next episode will feature Knock Out killing everyone (except Ratchet).

But still, don't worry, he's fine.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It was pretty pointless and out of nowhere. Now his backstory with Bulkhead will likely be unexplained and their rivalry unresolved.

12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I agree. His death was very anti-climactic. I really would've liked to have known how exactly him and Bulkhead became rivals, and they're rivalry really should've gotten some closure. Given the strangeness of his death, I left the episode assuming the possibility that he could still be alive.

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, maybe it won't make his figure as popular, and we can find it!

14. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

He ain't dead. I predict MECH is going to resurrect him in some way.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Given how utterly random it was, how much unresolved business Breakdown had, and how we didn't get any reaction from Knock Out or Bulkhead, I'm not at all convinced he's permanently dead. Surely re-connecting all his parts (something MECH or KO can do) could bring him back.
    Gotta wonder why Megatron had interest in bringing his remains back.

If he's truly dead, then I don't think I'll bother with this show anymore. All these developments that just get tossed (Unicron, Orion Pax, and now Breakdown?) is getting old.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing we're losing from that is explanation of his rivalry with Bulkhead, which..... isn't confirmed at all, because we don't need him around for that explanation to come. He wasn't going to join the Autobots ever anyway, after Operation: Breakdown he was pretty okay with ripping Bulkhead's head off.

I'm fine with the death, Breakdown's whole shtick was being the "not a total asshole" Decepticon, but Dreadwing is already doing that, and is doing that better than him. Of all characters avaible to kill he was the most kill-able. It brought back the edge that people can die in the show and brought back Airachnid's slasher psychoness, two aspects that were honestly missing since they happened so long ago. Airachnid was specially needing a kill like that after she became just another normal Decepticon with Crisscross.

17. CliffjumperEX

CliffjumperEX Autobot

You ask me he got what he deserved if he would have listen to Dreadwing when he said don't be a fool and cut him loose he would still be alive. What I don't get is why there was no energon anywhere alongside his remains I mean shouldn't there have been like puddles of the stuff.

18. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I wonder how knockout reacts?

19. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I feel the same yet not the same Lol. I wish we could've seen what the rivalry was really about but it's not really all that important. It was a bitter sweet death and has renewed my believe that anyone can die even though this probably isn't true. I thought this was going to be a filler episode but turned out to have a main con death and a airachnid with showing why see was a main con to begin with.

20. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I'll miss him...that bot always got the worst end of everything. I think he had more potential for story and development, but guess that's gone now. Tho I'm kinda hopeful for what Noidea said too.