Breakdown 'intrigued' by Airachnid

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Grimwave, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Grimwave

Grimwave Banned

Honestly, I'm surprised nobody (that I've seen) has referenced this yet. Trust me, this isn't a TF-romance thread (I saw the KO + OP thread.) But I distinctly remember Breakdown telling one of the Vehicons in "Stronger, Faster" that he's 'intrigued' by Airachnid. Personally, I'd like to see this play out like so:

Airachnid leaves the Cons to go off and carry out her own evil plans, but, she continues to get resources by, how do you say, manipulating Breakdown, or 'leading him on' in order to be better advantaged in her own battle against the Autobots. And maybe even finishing him off in the end? I say this would be very well in character for her, and could get her back to her 'evil' 'rouge' type position. What do you guys think?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well I can see Airachnid playing with breakdown's feelings for her own goals but that's it really. Of course Breakdown may not be that into her to really help her out due to his loyalty to Megatron.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Breakdown would be easy to manipulate. He's not dumb muscle and if he really had any feelings for her he would've done something when Soundwave was kicking her ass.

Or not tried to KILL her during all of Metal Attraction.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Breakdown isn't dumb but I think Airachnid may try to use his attraction to her to manipulate him.

5. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

QFT

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Oh my God ITS JUST LIKE ANIMATED!!!

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think their only shipping them because both of their voice actors were on Firefly.

8. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I had the exact same feeling.

9. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

I expected this thread to have been created by Spunky.....

10. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Breakdown claimed to be loyal to Megatron...we donĀ“t know exactly how much can he really be.

11. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I think what Breakdown meant was she was an interesting individual, not indicating that he has romantic feelings toward her. Maybe she just has charisma and Decepticons are naturally drawn to her.

Though if he did have feelings for her, it would be very interesting how this situation would play out. Would he be succumb to his feelings and be tricked by her? Or be heartbroken if she does leave? Or nothing happen at all because they don't have time for such nonsense? I mean they're still fighting the Autobots, so it's still going to be a little busy on the ship. Besides, the point of romantic feelings is to ultimately reproduce. And last time I checked, they don't sexually reproduce like we do. So, in turn, the relationship has no purpose except to distract and a plot device.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    If it's not interspieces or Knockout slashfic it's not worth talking about.

13. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    +1

but seriously, I think Knockout and Breakdown's relationship needs to be expanded on- it doesn't have to have slashy overtones but you know, they're interesting, like Arcee and Cliffjumper only neither one's dead yet.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I argee she may manipulate him, but as you wrote he's not dumb and he did listen to Knockout when he said "don't move" when she and Soundwave fought.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally agree, I think he's just facinated by her because of her personality, that's all.

16. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did Knockout really say that? I don't remember hearing that during the fight.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I was gonna go with "omg just like a woman", but this + the Firefly posts make sense too.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He didn't. Knock Out gave an "Oh..." of surprise when Soundwave physically grabbed Airachnid, which was commonly mistaken as "Don't move" when the off-the-tv clip from Singapore was linked.

19. Anti Theon

Anti Theon Well-Known Member

I have to admit that this one is open to interpretation, but that's not what I'd conclude if a a guy confides to me... "Yeah, she's kinda domineering and the extra arms are weird, but I find myself intrigued by her."

He's worked in her personality and her physical attributes before he even confesses to an interest. The subtext is classic guy speak for a romantic interest. It'd also be a case where a buddy would flag him down and tell him to change his coolant: that chick is too much trouble, bro.

More importantly, from a story telling perspective him being fascinated by her personality doesn't produce any drama or story potential -- it would be a pure throwaway line. That's a hard sell in a half hour program.

I'm pretty sure we WILL see more next season, so the matter won't remain in question.

So THAT's where people got that. I'd previously assumed that somebody had been under the influence of whacky weed while watching, but the sound quality on that clip was pretty damned poor.

Thanks for explaining that one.

20. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i just thought it was a bit of light hearted banter.