Minor/Repaint: Breakaway

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bad karma 99, Sep 11, 2009.

1. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

It's been years since I've painted anything. I thought I would re-acquaint myself with the different paints and painting techniques by practicing on the Deluxe size figures before moving on to the HA's and Leaders. I learned a lesson right away on this guy: Krylon Fusion won't dry on his rubber nose cone, it's been 3 weeks since I sprayed him. I really should've known better. I guess I'll just leave it "tacky" or try and remove it and try to match the color with an acrylic ( the black base coat of acrylic model master paints dried fine on him ). The body color on him came out of the can a bit lighter than what the cap indicated but I like it.

I like the way this figure is built. Great robot mode and great jet mode but I wish he was at least Voyager size.

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks awesome. The tip is a pain. I used a black acrylic marker an then painted over that. It seemed to do the trick.

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my favorites as well -- you gonna leave BA white or add details/decals?

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The white looks awesome on this guy ! Hmmmm... maybe you can make a Ramjet out of him ?

5. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

The white looks really nice, I'd say, don't change anything on that. I believe light coloured panels on a figure with drybrushing and detailling, as a combination, makes these figures look more complex.

And you Breakaway has a rubber nosecone? Because mine doesn't...Mines just plastic.....

6. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

Very nice

7. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow, looks nice.