Breacher-Does not live up to the hype for me....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i finally found breacher today, and i was EXCITED, i've heard nothing but good things about this figure, i open him up, fiddled with him....transformed him once to vehicle mode and back...and put him on the shelf....this toy, he ain't fun to me, at all! the arm guards piss me off and get in the way, his shoulders....my gawd the SHOULDERS!!! suck, they really suck, his head's balljoint ticks me off, cause if you attempt to make him look up, it looks stupid.....there there is the case with his legs, those flaps on the back of his legs? they do not lock into place, so if you get one that is loose, it WILL flop around and get in the way....then his chest does not lock into place of the turrent body, so unless you hold him just right when you go to move a leg, he will "break in half" most of the time....

so yeah, this is the last time i follow the hype for a figure, and it wasn't like terradive, who is awesome and people said he is awesome.....unless people are seeing something i can't, this has got to be one of the weakest scouts i have ever handled, this marks the SECOND time i have been dissapointed with a transformer, the first being ROTF Gears (my gawd that mold is terrible)

also, i hate his transformation, his arms were the WORST, i almost threw him cause those arm guards kept popping off.....

2. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The arm guards come off...

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Those arms get on my nerves as well, but easily forgiven since there's so much going on with him. My biggest gripe is I just wish his torso area pegged together somehow.

He feels like an all plastic Hybrid Transformer to me though.

I liked him a bit more once I got him posing with some guns.
    If you hate him that much you can always pop his cool head off and put it on someone else.

5. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Sorry to hear you feel this way about him. He is one of my favorite figures in the HFTD scout assortment.

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i know they do, and they are a pain in the ass!

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It does peg together. Maybe you have the same problem I had when I transformed him. There is a T shaped flap that pops out above his crotch and if it is folded in, then it prevents his torso from pegging together.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i have mine folded out and it still doesn't peg together

the there are two pegs related to his torso, the bottom one pegs in, the top one just sits in the groove....

don't get me wrong, he still looks nice in both modes, but once you pick him up, to me, it makes me want to throw him in fustration

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

What's so bothersome about accessories that can be removed?

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

That's the nature of hype. Everything looks amazing until you touch it.

11. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I.... Don't follow you. I can't think of a single thing about this figure that bothers me.

12. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    The legs also bothered me at first. I popped his legs of the ball joints, and there was some excess plastic in the way, so I shaved it off. Now everything "locks" into place.

Also, that second peg you're talking about sits in place for me also. I don't mind it. Sorta gives him more poseability. Only problem with mine is that his knuckle clips are too small, so he can't hold much.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It's true that the transformation can be a bit fiddly, but I was so impressed by what they were able to accomplish at scout class that I find it easy to overlook that. It's a very involved transformation. It's possible with this level of complexity and precision that inexact assembly/quality control may interfere with how smoothly everything works.

The transformation is comparable to far larger figures like Universe Onslaught. In fact I think it's more inventive.

True, the arm guards are awkward and pop off too readily. Yeah, that annoyed me too. But even with these flaws, consider what's left: How's the altmode? Pretty realistic and believable. I wouldn't fault it. What about the botmode? Exceptionally well-proportioned, and reasonably posable. Great little headsculpt. Sharp, handsome features, and solid helmet design.

The detailing all-round is pretty good. Neither too much nor too little. I particularly like the detailing on the lower legs.

It's one of those figures that does have imperfections, but impresses me so much in other respects that I can easily ignore them.

I'm also surprised you didn't like the Gears/Stockade mold. I tend to be fairly picky, and I rate that among the best of all TF1 molds. Sometimes when things are highly rated, it's easier to be disappointed. I dunno, maybe that's part of it.

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have this problem with mine

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One of my favorite figures. Love the transformation.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well it's more on one side than the other, so it could be some sort of molding or QC imperfection in mine. In truth it's not that big of problem, but part-popping is a pet peeve for me.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wha?

I just got him yesterday, and I'm in love with it. The side-panels on mine aren't loose at all, he never comes apart at the mid-section, and I don't see any problem with the shoulders.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

They're not accessories. They're not supposed to be removed.

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They're built to be removed. They have clip on points.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That's for assembly. That's the only way they could go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.