Heavy/Scratch: Breach

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rexidus, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    EDIT: 4/15/2013
    Thanks to Fakebusker I gave Breach some new arms to help further distinguish him from Megatron complete with articulated fingers. Also since I posted this I've developed his character some more So I'm going to post his bio like I did for all my other characters.

Welcome Prowl. Thank you for logging into Teletraan. Accessing Autobot Personnel files.

Entry #78,498: Breach
    Officially Breach was a laborer in Polyhex before the war, but unofficially he was a prominent gladiator in the underground Polyhex arena. He earned a bit of a following after a battle against Megatron, which Breach lost. It was fortunate for Breach it was not a match to the death but even though defeated he fought well and gained some minor fame after being repaired. Breach himself did sympathize with the Decepticon movement for similar reasons that Megatron grew to create it. Breach found the speeches given by Megatron interesting but unnearving. When Decepticon terrorists bombed Polyhex and Breach was put to work clearing rubble and saving the injured, his distain for the Decepticon tactics increased with each victim he discovered. In the rubble he came across the corpse of renowned artist who partnered with various minicons. One minicon, Glitch, had survived the blast but was injured. Breach rescued and adopted it when it was fully repaired and the two have been inseparable ever since. Breach and Glitch were in attendance in the High Council Tower when Orion Pax gave his freedom speech. Pax inspired Breach by voicing what he himself believed. Breach prophetically wished Orion Pax had been in charge of the Decepticons instead of Megatron. Moments later Optimus Prime was christened and the war started. Without hesitation Breach followed Optimus Prime. Later, he and Glitch assisted in the rescue of civilians and was responsible for saving the life of a civilian named Daxion. Daxion eventually became a Sergeant in the Autobots and requested Breach and Glitch for Crimson Squad. Together with Burnout and Patch-Up, Crimson Squad became a well respected unit.

Traitorous Threat Level: Minor

Logging off Teletraan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New pics for 4/15/2013 showing Breach, Daxion, and Burnout.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's the link for Burnout's page if anyone is interested.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/809819-custom-character-burnout.html

----------------------------------------------
    Original post follows:

I'm not sure if this warrants the heavy prefix, but this is the most modification I've done to a figure so for me at least it was heavy.

So this is Breach, my Autobot tank in Fall of Cybertron. I'll post a crappy tablet pic of his in game self at the end. But I like how this turned out. As I said, this is the most I've ever modified a figure. I really wanted to make it not look like Megatron. I kinda succeeded. I'm also out of Autobot reprolabels so I couldn't give him any faction symbols. :( 

His cannon isn't finished being painted yet but I was impatient to post this. For the cannon, I'm planning on some gun metal highlights and a couple Tron lights like the figure.

As always, constructive criticism is welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    This is beautiful man! Its genius!!!

3. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice job keep it up

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :popcorn 

5. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is pretty cool, I love to see something different or creative. If I were to have any criticism, it would be the use of gloss paint versus a mat finish paint. That being said, good job!

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This is very creative. I like how it came out.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I'm glad a few people enjoyed this.

Do you guys think I differenciated him from Megatron enough? When you look at it do you see Megatron first? I don't have any putty or styrene to scult new stuff so I hope the things I cut, sanded, and super glued onto him make him more unique.

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Ryoku, I think you need to invest in some matte paints. I don't mean to be a hater, but the gloss paint makes it look really ugly. The scheme itself I think it solid. It's just that you'll never see a gloss brown robot, and that's because gloss brown isn't what brown is usually representing (which would normally be sand, dirt, etc.). While I know you have the choice to go with gloss brown if you feel like it, I think it's both unusual and detracting from the figure. Same goes for the blue, although less so.

That said, what I do like is the blue visor. It differentiates him from Megatron and it looks a lot more nice as a robot (Megatron's eyes and face sculpt were always evil looking). The cannon also looks good (the silver is, ironically, the least shiny part of the figure), and I'm sure will look better with more detail.

But yeah...matte paints dude. Matte paints.

9. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

I, er uh... There is a reason the brown Transformer ammount is...low.

But, great effort. =D

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I won't pretend your opinion isn't without merit but I like him shiny. I also won't disagree that I think it would look good matte, but I prefer him as is.

Why did this come off as being awarded the Participation ribbon...

11. Kenjo_Cybertron

Kenjo_Cybertron Stalk him, tear him apart

I like the changes you made and the silver looks good but I think the gloss paints look too thick and gloopy.

If you thinned them down a little more before use they would spread more evenly and give better coverage. Even better use matt paints as they dont tend to be as thick as gloss and you can still use a gloss topcoat afterwards.

Overall good work though, I like the change to the head, looks miles away from megs now

12. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Great to see a figure out of the game come to life,:) 

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Bump with new pics thanks to Fakebusker and new bio thanks to me. :D 

14. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    Very nice! I like the color palatte you chose...great choice for a working class 'bot turned soldier. And Glitch is adorable! Your bio writeups are also well detailed...makes me worry less about the ones I'm working on myself being too long. Yours have just the right amount of backstory, and add the characters into major story events smoothly.
    Looking forward to more!

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks Diggs. I really should have proofread them before posting though. I just fixed them up a little and sheesh I suck. :p . I like Glitch too but I'm not crazy about the paint job I gave him. But I do like how I explained the ornateness of him. I'll keep an eye out for your stuff. I'm always a fan of original characters. :)