Heavy/Scratch: Brawn [WIP] (Updated: 1.23.11)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Jan 10, 2011.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Update [9.6.11]: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/355423-brawn-wip-updated-1-23-11-a-3.html#post6598719

Update: page 2

Update [1.16.11]: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/355423-brawn-wip-2.html#post5573708

This one may or may not be a bit of a partsformer, but I'm cool with it if it is since Brawn is one of those kick ass characters I loved from G1. I cut a bit from the underside of the front grill to allow the ball joint for the head to swing back further in bot mode. I took my extra Universe Cyclonus head and sanded down the top a bit to make the head a bit shorter and I plan to add a bit to the sides to widen it some. I drilled a hole toward the back of the neck/head to allow it to snap in and fit on the same ball joint that Hound's head used to snap onto.

I mistransformed him to fit that Brawn-styled transformation. My plan is to attach that chest piece to the hinged waist piece (huge shout out to Earl--seeing his use of part of this chest piece on his Brawn is what got me looking into it). I plan to add a bit of round/beer belly parts to the side to give it a sort of Brawn feel, but more updated. As of now, the chest piece is too large to fit under in alt mode, hence the possible partsforming. I may try to slap some larger tires on this sucker (much like I did on my Swindle WIP), which may keep it from partsforming. I'm also planning to build the rear end like G1 Brawn and have it attached to the black leg parts (the hinged piece that sits behind the white seats). If all goes well with that plan, it would transform and remain on the backs of his legs, BUT if if the plan turns out too bulky, I may just go partsformer on that piece also.

I usually try to refrain from partsforming, but on some bashes, I feel it can work to achieve the perfect bot/alt mode that I'm after (this would be my 2nd partsformer (after my first custom, Classics Ultra Magnus back in '07). If anyone has some tips or ideas on how to avoid the partsforming issue and still use these parts you see, I'm all ears. I loved turboedguy's Brawn, but I wanted to do something different and I really love this chest piece (TFTM Crankcase).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking awesome so far!!!!!!!!!

I'm really loving the chest piece on him.If anyone can figure out the non partsforming it's you bud and I know that it will be sweet as hell when it's finished!!!!

3. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Very nice. What is the chest piece from?

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie 1 Wal-Mart exclusive Crankcase, a redeco of Cybertron Red Alert.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

this is going to be freaking slick

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I love brawn customs he is a character that should Get some more love

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Partsformer or no, he certainly looks good... Love the chestplate for him. :thumb 

8. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's brawn alright :) 

i looked at the pics before reading the text and was like, "whose head is that?" brilliant use of cyclonus.

9. Autobot-X1

Autobot-X1 Mentaly Hilarious

Ebay:
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see when it's finished.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Huh. That's an excellent choice for the chestpiece. Looking forward to seeing this through.

11. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Thanks, guys! Here's an update:

OK, so I found a way to incorporate that chest into alt mode........I dremeled the shit out of it (cutting it nearly in half, leaving the front side intact and cutting the backside down). I then used my soldering iron to remove the wheels from another Energon Sledge I had. I then removed the Hound wheels and put these on in place. This is the same thing I did for my Swindle custom WIP last summer. The chest now BARELY fits with the larger wheels in place, so NO PARTSFORMING! I planning to hit the rear end of the alt mode over the next few days and work something out with it. As of now, I'm using the roof from TFTM Crankcase (the guy I ripped the chest from. It looks like it will fit in nicely with the overall size and feel of Brawn. THIS part might end up partsforming, just haven't decided yet. It all depends on how bulky and odd the piece becomes.

Anyway, here are some shots to show the hinged section, the chest, and the new wheels. I'll take more pics as I get a little further along. Also, there's an early WIP shot of the roof piece I want to use. I will bulk it up with styrene on the sides and build windows from either sheet styrene or clear window packaging, if I want to go clear on the windows.

Let me know what you guys think so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    o wow.... goodjob so far

13. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loving this one!!!

14. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Thanks guys! I'll have a few more updates later tonight to share before he's ready to hit with styrene.

15. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

looking great B! looking forward to this

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the kitbashing you have going on here. Tasty stuff, man :thumb 

17. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Thanks, guys! Glad you're digging the work so far.

More updates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Looking great so far! I'm glad you managed to rig the chest without having to remove it. Are you still thinking the roof's gonna have to come off for robot mode? It's certainly suiting the vehicle mode well.

19. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Thanks, man! At the moment, I'm leaving it removable for alt mode. It doesn't affect the look of Brawn in bot mode at all, it just adds to the alt mode and makes it better. I'm not ruling out the possibility of finding a way to have it stay on and just transform somehow. I usually do a few mods, then sit and study it for days to see what can or can't work, then I'll move forward and try new things with it. So I may try to work out a way to have it transform onto Brawn's back without removing it.

I almost look at it as a challenge to try and solve it and find a way to do it. lol

20. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    I cut down the Hound bumper/guard and took the "teeth" (those pointy ends) and glued them more toward the middle. It gives off a better G1 Brawn vibe with the bumper cut down and modded like this. I also did some painting to the arms to see if I liked the shade of green (Tamiya Olive Drab).

My question to you guys is this: Is it too dark or do you think it's good?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a shot with my Swindle custom I've been working on for like 2 years:

[​IMG]