Heavy/Scratch: Brawn back kibble tweak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by flix, Apr 28, 2011.

1. flix

flix Well-Known Member

hey hey,
    I haven't been very active for more than a year and didn't have time to do much customizing.But with the new movie toys coming in I need to urgently start clearing whatever I started working on.

So rotf/nest/whatever Brawn, I really liked it . But what was up with those doors on his back.
    this dude has rotaing joints everywhere, so why not in the doors, so you can twist them in a more interesting direction. I wanted the door kibble to become more dynamic and visually involved in his robot mode, so this tweak looked better to me.

I couldnt find a solid / safe way to do this with a ball joint, the risk was too high for me to ruin the transformation, so I opted for very simple partsforming, which I personally don't have issues with. I does involve drilling extra peg and magnet holes. I can make a tutorial if some of you want to know more about this.

but I was on the fence for a long time as I wasnt sure about doing this tweak, so I would like your opinion before he goes into repaint, ...
    Let me know if you would stay with version "A", or is "B" better, do you think this is an improvement or was it better the way it was?
    thx

Attached Files:

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    hey thats nice!

oh, and can we do have a thread about your awesome looking Longarm please? :) 

3. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

What he said.

4. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice mod. I dig it.

5. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Looks cool. But I'm not a fan of parts-forming (ironically, I have no problem with Omega Supreme). Do you think maybe there is a way to get those results without parts-forming?

6. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

I think either way looks good. I think the reason Hasbro did it the way they did, was to make it look like he had either a cape or an armored protection for his back/head.