Brawl/Devastator Typo

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I've heard about the subtitle mistake behind Brawl/Devastator's name mix-up. I know who each character used to be in G1, but I came up with a back-story (which will probably never be used in the sequel) so they don't have to change the subtitle.

Brawl is a big, beefy Decepticon, and probably feels that his name didn't suit his reputation (the name 'Brawl' is too weak). A few other Decepticons (would later become the Constructicons) that were close war buddies nicknamed him 'Devastator'. He picked up on it, and used the name throughout his life. The only being allowed to call him 'Brawl' is Megatron, although Megatron would refer to him as Devastator.

When the Constructicons get word that Brawl is dead, they name their combined form Devastator in his honor (if the Decepticons know any).
    :rip 

It even sounds like he says "Devastator" when he speaks, despite not having a voice actor. Even when Megatron shows up in the last fight, he grumbles a few names, and one of them sounds like Devastator.
    :inquisiti 

State your open opinion on whether or not the subtitle needs changing or not. I just had this idea to not keep TF fans confused.

2. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Hmm, I like it, but I'm pretty sure they're just gonna retcon the whole Devastator thing. It'd be a good 'save' otherwise though. :thumb 

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Just one of those things where Hasbro's character meets Bay's Ego

4. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Who says Devastator as a combiner has to have that name? Its not the show where they have to emphasize the name. They can just say "The constructions have combined!" or even more practical "The decepticons have combined!"

Devastator is nothing but a weapon. Which could mean when they combine a line like this could work. "The decepticons have combined and are devastating the city."

I think a transforming tank named Devastator is fine as Brawl did not suit how the actual robot acted in the movie. There was no hand to hand combat with him.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Just give the combined constructicons another name from another Transformer. Hell, it didn't seem to bother anyone when they named Vortex to be Blackout.

In Transformers the movie or movies rather, its not G1 and it doesn't have to be.

Just like how RID feels like an alternate universe.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It kinda bothered me. I sometimes still refer to Blackout as Vortex.

But not name the Constructicon giant Devastator? Are you daft man? Or...woman?!
    I'd rather see Bay swallow is enormous ego and fix his mistake, then see the name Devastator wasted on a Decepticon who was taken out by Bumblebee, and few nameless humans.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I thought Devastator was an appropriate name.

Big green killing machine who just doesn't stay down but finally after all the combined attacks has to to take concentrated fire to put him down at last.

Also I really hope that there will not be (and doubt there will be) constructicons in TF2, as they just fill the whole bad guy cast a little too much and the whole combining thing is just not realistic in any way. (I didn't really like Blackout/Scorponok's combining, but they only split up, it never showed them linking)

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one allows Megatron to do anything!!

9. tinky XIII

tinky XIII Moving Target

I'm not sure what I can as far as not getting me banned, but from what I've seen, it's still Devastator for the DVD release.

From what I've seen, anyway.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

And Transforming alien robots ARE realistic, eh? I like Transformers BECAUSE it's NOT realistic.

And besides aside from shooting up a few cars all BRAWL did in the movie was put a hole through a coffee shop. He was hardly devastating.

And please......'combined attacks'.....Meatballs took him out. The original Devastator would not be taken down by meatballs.
    But I do agree that i doubt their will be Constructions in the sequel. Considering little miss Bonecrushers humiliating death by Optimus.

11. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Brawl's dead so no Bruticus either. Menasor? Ew more cars.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't care either way if the typo is fixed. The name was appropriate for the character, brawl would just be a G1 fanwank.