Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Gallia with two of the smaller ride on mechs. There's two versions of the set. One has the two small mechs in green, the other in red.

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, guys, I sprung for the MP Dragon Kizer. I'm pleased. I didn't get a great deal, but the going rates on eBay are far cheaper than anything else I've seen.

MP Great Exkaiser feels like a couple hundred bucks. No regrets. Especially since if I ever have to, I bet I can get some good money for it! The SoC GGG is my next goal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Amazon Japan is the only store I can find that is offering a full set of the GGG Super Minipla, but it's not sold and shipped by them, which means it won't ship to the US. Anybody know of a store offering the full set of four or a case?

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Was MP Exkaiser ever KO'd? I'd like to get another one and I see a bunch for $80 shipped on EBay from HK but that seems suspiciously cheap.

I'm wondering this as well. I was going to order from Angolz until I realized they don't guarantee which four you will get.

5. chuckdawg1999

Aww man, I really want this. I hope Amazon Japan is just waiting to put their stuff up. I guess these don't sell for BBTS and other US stores.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting until it's out and paying a premium to get a full set on eBay. I just can't do blind boxed stuff anymore, my luck is horrible. I'd get three liners and a drill tank. :/

7. chuckdawg1999

I'm with ya bro, I'm with ya.

8. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HLJ has that same "can't guarantee a full set" disclaimer despite selling them in cases.

9. schlagwerk

schlagwerk Well-Known Member

MP ExKaiser got a second run that they either over-produced or they shelfwarmed horribly, especially when released in Asia outside of Japan. That's the cause of all of the cheap ones you see on eBay. There is no KO of it that I'm aware of.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Cool, thank you. I bought mine way back when it first came out and had no idea they did another run.

I also just noticed the D-style Exkaiser kit from Kotobukiya that slipped past my radar so I've got one of those on the way. Here's hoping for Super Mini-Pla Exkaiser (and Dragon).

11. schlagwerk

schlagwerk Well-Known Member

I love the D-Style kits. They are partsforming and require some extra paint work to make them look accurate, but they nail the aesthetic. I've painted/assembled GaoFighGar and Exkaiser. I have Goldymarg & RaijinOh still in their boxes.

I'm all for the Super Mini-Pla series. Everything I've seen so far has been solid, even if Xabungle used a lot of partsforming for a superior robot mode.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah I love my Gunbuster and Gaogaigar D-style figures so I'm stoked to add Exkaiser.

13. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Bandai's actually really good about making sure you get a full set in their Mini-Pla (and Mugenbine back when) lines. In fact, generally it's two full sets per case, unless there's an odd number which means you usually get 1 or 2 full sets, plus a couple extra. The Super Mini-Pla are specifically sold in one full case. So if you buy a case, you get exactly the 4 parts you need. While they are marketed as Trading Figures (hence HLJ and Angolz disclaimer) they are not blind box, so you always know exactly what you are getting.

Are we talking about D-Style? :D  I've got every one of their transformable/combineable Brave kits (minus the all gold GGG repaints and Repli-GaiGar). Some of my favorite kits. I go through and fully paint all the details, but leave the properly molded colors bare. Except gold, you always gotta paint gold.
    20140716_141838.jpg
    20160923_104509.jpg

Anyway, I've been meaning to do a little mini review of Might Gaine ever since he came out, because, well, he quickly became my favorite. So enjoy some pics, plus some extras down below:

Train modes:
    Pretty basic. They all look like little SD versions of what they should. No rolling wheels or anything. Basically as exciting as any other toy train:) 
    20160923_102251.jpg

Transformation for Gaine and Might Wing is quite simple. Wing require adding on the two small canards, while Gaine requires removal of a small block, and adding in the upper torso block. Gaine must also be pulled in half, and the lower body attached to a different spot in robot mode.
    20160923_102443.jpg 20160923_102711.jpg

Gaine himself is pretty nicely detailed for how small he is, and has a surprising amount of articulation. He has no elbows, and his hips have very limited forward movement, but he still has a ball jointed hips, neck, and feet, hinge knees, swivel waist and universal shoulders. He even has a tiny Gaine Shot! The tiny ball joints on his hips and ankles are not very secure though, and I had to tighten them up as they were constantly popping off straight assembled.
    20160923_102750.jpg

Transformation to Might Gaine is, IMO, one of the more fun in the D-Style line. While it's still very partsformery, the parts that come off or are replaced come off in larger chunks, usually just in from one connection. Quite the change of pace from the "tear everything apart and put it back together" chore of the previous King Exkaiser. But also not as clean and self-contained as the original GaoGaiGar. To form Might Gaine, you only need to add the head and forearms, but you need to remove a number of sections too...most of Gaine included. Also, unlike every other previous "main leader" kit, no part of the smaller robot's head is used inside the larger robot's head...which makes sense since Gaine isn't the core.

However, the fully combined mode is stunning!
    20160923_103511.jpg

By design, he's a little more streamlined and compact than his predecessors, not having any wings on his back. But he also feels the most dense and solid. Articulation also seems to be the best, or at least, most useful of the line, including numerous hinges in the shoulders. With a little work, you can even get him, and SD figure, in a pretty decent "Obari" stance with his sword (even if his fists don't quite line up):
    20160923_103839.jpg 20160923_104242.jpg

Overall, excellent addition to the D-Style line, and I think the most "fun" all around. It's a shame Koto's been pretty quiet on any future releases for the line. I'm still hoping for a Bakuryuoh, Dragon Kaiser, and Might Kaiser at some point.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    *adds D-Style Might Gaine to list of must- buy robots*

Great review!

15. chuckdawg1999

As I was hoping Amazon Japan has pre-orders up for supperpla Gao Gai Gar.

16. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Sonokong released a new Brave-inspired construction vehicle combiner this week called "Hyper Buildion" in their Hello Carbot line:

This is probably the best video of the set so far, even though the guy doesn't deploy the shoulder/tread cannons. I really like how much better the heads look on these compared to the previous Carbot combiners. I'm really looking forward to getting mine in the mail.

• Like Like x 2
  17. chuckdawg1999

Yeah, I've heard that for whatever reason Korean based toy reviewers really just phone it in

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  19. chuckdawg1999

20. fracus

fracus Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, Artfire2000 here back with some more Brave items for sale, listed at low starting prices! Auctions end next Sunday!

artfire2000 | eBay