Minor/Repaint: Branch: Wreckers. Codename: Springer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by encline, Mar 26, 2010.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Other than getting his butt handed to him by Jazz, Springer is one tough bot. If you have not been up to date on the IDW comics, I would suggest getting them!!!

My first of the Wreckers: Springer.

I have been looking forward to this figure ever since we got the sneak peaks...so here is what I had in store for him when he arrived!

All over re-repaint with my signature (although not as heavy) battle beauty look.
    New gundam 1/100 scale hands on ball joints.
    3d Autobot Symbol on chest.

Didn't realize it would utilize the Gundam stands either...

Soooo....I put new gundam hands on him.......and got a base:) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

By God, thats awesome. I need to get him asap before their sold out.

3. sarakawa

sarakawa Contracepticon

Looks great! After seeing this and frenzy's paintjobs on springer, I can't wait to get mine to do my own paintjob :) 

4. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Encline, you are simply amazing! This guys looks great. I'm not really noticing much of your signature battle beauty look yet other than on the green of his chest plate but, I bet we'll be able to see it better on the alt modes. (which I'm psyched to see!) That 3d Autobot symbol is PERFECT!!! Just the right amazing touch of awesomeness a badass like Springer needed. I'm glad to see you used 1/100 sized Gundam hands too. I was thinking that they would look better on him than the alternator ones that F_R used and I was right. Damn you guys (you, F_R, and Vangelus specifically so far) for making me want this guy really bad! I don't have Eighty BUCKS!

Also, I'm assuming by you saying his is the first of the wreckers that you mean you intend to make them all? That is going to be so BA!

5. encline

News Credits:

Thanks bro!!! Ohh heck yeah dude...you gotta get this guy...I am sure he will be gone soon....

Ever since the CC armor, I have been hooked on Fansproject's stuff....I would actually buy this over most exclusives!
    Thank you!!! Yeah, this fig is great. You can really see all the detail in there when it is in your hands!! I would say this could be the figure to get in 2010...well, this and the Bruticus set....And kidbash's powermaster prime armor...that looks sick..

6. encline

News Credits:
    Thank you very much good sir!!! So what do you think? MORE DAMAGE? I mean, not TTT damage(can't wait for that).....but more "wrecker-ish"...

Thanks about the hands... I had some alt hands and these gundam hands waiting around, and after 30 minute of looking, the gundam hands seemed to be a better fit for the direction I was going....

7. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I don't think more damage per se (I agree, definitively not TTT style damage) I like the more subtle approach of battle damage. I guess more "wrecker-ish?" Maybe a little more of the gray primerish/bare metal paint showing through on the green parts of the arms and stuff. Also, what about a few rusted specs on the edges and a little caked on dirt on his tires. Not too much though, just a little cause I love the bright colors on him. Then a little thicker orange panel lining of the yellow parts too. (or am I just thinking I'm seeing that cause F_R had so much on his and I want to see some on yours?) Just some thoughts.

8. Druggy

Druggy Active Member

Wow! Awesome take on the 3D autobot symbol

9. encline

News Credits:
    Gotcha...I didn't want to go over board with it...That will be an option for the owner of this piece though...more "damage".
    As for the tires. I have been hooked on "LAST STAND OF THE WRECKERS" for three months....I was thinking about the issue that just came out...where they fall ..well...you would have to read it....but, Garrus-9 does have dirt....so maybe....
    I do have orange paneling lining on the yellow, and I see where F_R used more than I did... I feel that in person, mine looks just right...Thanks for the thoughts!

10. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Ooooo. Another thought. I think that Springer would look a lot better if another color was added to his scheme. Some of his green parts would look really great painted a darker, military-ish green. I circled parts I thought would work on your pic in orange and painted a swatch close to what I'm talking about on the left side. He probably needs some in places on his vehicle modes and back too I just don't have good pictures of those and it would be better to have the figure in hand to see where other parts go in transformation. All these parts are only visible in bot mode I think.

Edit: I knew i wasn't seeing things. I trust ya on the orange wash. Some details can only be appreciated in person. Yeah, I really need to get my hands on those "Last Stand..." comics sometime soon if only to own the great artwork, not to mention the great story.

Attached Files:

11. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

give me that 3D autobot sculpt lol.. cant wait for the repaints! man how much money did u dish out for multiple of these?

12. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

another thing of beauty. White fudge!

13. encline

News Credits:
    HAHA!!! Well, the only other re-paint I will do of this is for myself:)  I bought this one to auction and another for little ol'me:) 

Oh, now that I am back in the states, I plan on doing the casting again..so this little symbol, along with some other projects will be back on track:) 

straight up homie!!!Thanks!!

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the inclusion of the hands. I never dig 3-D faction symbols though; that's just me. I do like some of the detailing, but otherwise I'm not a fan of "battle damage" all that much on Transformers (again, that's just me).

The strength here is the charity that this will be going for :) 

15. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Awesome job, encline. My only crit is with the photoshopping you did. It's cool to have a solid black background but you can still see the actual black felt/cloth you used outlining the figure - makes the photos look tacky.

16. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pistol.........................details.................silver.............thats all im gonna say

17. encline

News Credits:
    REALLY!!! mine show up just fine..solid black.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I had that problem too sometimes. if you're using a LCD screen, tilt it a bit so you can see it from another angle. Make sure your contrast and brightness are set right.

19. encline

News Credits:
    Thanks dude.....hahaha...THE MAC ATTACKS AGAIN...Seriously, I have seen my website on some friends browsers and it loks great, others I am like "YIKES" why does it look like that...all my settings are right....I am sure it is just the browsers....

not to derail, but I will be fixing the photos....

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    as long as it looks good on Firefox, you'll be ok. Cross-user compatibility is important to us. Especially with colors and shading, etc.
    the black not being consistent has nothing to do with browsers though, it's your monitor.

Hope you don't mind, but I took one of your images and enhanced the problems with the black (emailing it to you now)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010