Minor/Repaint: BP's Fix-It Shop: G1 Sixshot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Blaster_Prime, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

So today I picked up a G1 Sixshot, complete with guns, in great shape, only minor sticker wear. As soon as I got home I immediately started to fiddle with him, checking out his various modes and such. It was while transforming him into his tank mode that things went horribly wrong.

As expected, his joints were almost fused, but as usual some delecate rocking and nudging got them back into the swing of things...all except his knees apparently. When trying to bend at the knees I heard a sicking SNAP followed by the ever horrifying internal rattling. At that point the knees became looser than TFA Primes shoulders and refused to lock.

Using a set of precision screwdrivers I always have next to my collection just in case, I opened him up and sure enough the plastic that was meant to give just enough to allow knee articulation had snapped out of age. Now, I had paid the equivilent of $75 in trade in (mostly BM stuff) for this guy so I was not about to take this lying down.

First, I removed the broken pieces and took out some computer paper, cutting them into strips. Then I folded them like an accordian and wedged them in between the plastic wall within his leg and the remaining piece of locking plastic. Once everything was in place I put him back together and low and behold it worked! His knees not only lock once again but they also allow me to transform them!!

Sixshot is so grateful he promised to make sure my death was quick and painless. I tried to talk him down to sparing my life but...well...there's just no reasoning with him on that one.

Attached Files:

2. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Very inventive. Glad it worked out.

3. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Now if only I can figure out something for my 20th Anni Prime (First Hasbro release of MP prime). I lived in an apartment where I was stupid enough to put my display case in a high traffic area. Prime was on the top shelf and took more than a couple of headers and ended up busting one of his knees.

I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix what's wrong but aside from getting a replacement part, I don't see that happening. :/

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I will need to keep this thread in mind. I've got a 1987 G1 Sixshot in reasonably good condition (no guns and some sticker wear, but for $27 I'm not complaining), but I'm not so sure about his internal mechanics, so if something like this happens to mine, I now know how to fix him!:thumbs2: 

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A busted knee can't stop Sixshot. Chuck Norris can't stop Sixshot. This doesn't stop Sixshot in asking for help like this, though. Nice work :thumb