Boys suck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lildevilchick, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Teenage boys in particular. This one guy has been leading me around in circles, telling me things, then taking them back. He's got himself a new girlfriend, then he goes and suggests messing around with me, saying it won't bother him because they've only been going out a few days. I was skeptical about this, and I even considered doing it because of how much I liked him. Butthe entire time I told him I wasn't comfortable. And then he blows up at me, and blames me for trying to mess up his new relationship!

He was SUCH an ass to me, which helped me get over him sooner. But I really liked him at one point which makes this hard to deal with at times. There are times when I want to say, "What an ass! Who needs him?" and there are other times I just want to forgive his stupidity because he's just a "kid". I'm at the point where I'd love nothing more than to just be friends with him, since he's fun to talk to, but I don't know if I should set myself up for any of his crap again.

Does anyone care to share their opinion on the matter? Any words of wisdom that you could offer me would be great. I'm really just ranting here, but I had to tell people who know nothing of the situation.

Thanks!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Date an older man, out of his teens.

3. Victory Leo 1

Victory Leo 1 John

If I can pry a little, how old are the both of you? If he is young like in his early teens, that's one thing. If he's an older, well that's something else. I would say depending on your age to date someone older, but if you are still young, then you may be considered young by the older guy. It can cause trouble too, to be dating an older guy. A lot of guys don't like the crap that they have to deal with. I'd say stay single for a while. You will find someone who isn't such a jerk.

4. lildevilchick

He's 16, I'm 20. And before ANYONE freaks out, that's perfectly legal in Florida. I thought he was so mature, too. Guess I was wrong. -___-

5. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Date somebody who's older. Or more mature.

And uh.. if there's strings attached (aka another girl) don't get involved with someone. 'Cuz it can turn in to drama.

Edit: And yeah 16 year olds (Some at least. Most of the ones I knew.) Don't know what the heck they want at that age. I certainly didn't. e_e Ahh to be that young again.

6. lildevilchick

Well, that's the part I forgot to mention. He only started dating her Monday. We were messing around long before that. And within 30 minutes of him dropping me, he asked her out. And then he tells me, he got over me in an hour. That hurt more than anything else. >.> It was after that, that he suggested we mess around.

7. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Sometimes remaining a friend leaves a certain amount of doubt and possibility for the relationship (good or not) to kick start again. I think some time without him completely would do some good in clearing your mind, as well as ready yourself to face him again, if you intend to.

Go out, have fun and pamper yourself. You don't need him to live life, aye?

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

pfff

i know exactly what i wanted at 16 :p 

[​IMG]
    [to put it lightly xD]

but yeah... i dunno.... definately go for someone more your age [or older]

boys have been proven to mature slower than girls so yeah.....
    do that ;P

plus you dont have to dance on the "well its legal! i swear! it is here! maybe....yeah....." line :p 

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Date closer to your own age. And I wouldn't say it's just guys that suck, most anyone at 16 is going to be damned immature. There's plenty of gals out there that act the same exact way as the guy you've described here.

Anyway, we're not all jackasses, forget that guy and keep looking elsewhere. If you go for guys your age you're more likely to find someone with a more level head as well.

Him telling you he was "over you in 30 minutes" should have been when you cut all ties, no one needs that shit.

10. Victory Leo 1

Victory Leo 1 John

I guess I agree with the others. If you are 20. I'd say date some one older than you, maybe 23 or 24. You can find a guy that age that will respect you and not run around on you. Plus, some of us actually grow brains by then. Sounds to me like it's just a sex thing and he isn't getting any from her so he is trying to get it on the side from you.

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Im with the "go for older" crowd on here.

12. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Ahaha that should answer her question then. Guys at that age are raging balls of hormones and.. well.. Yeah *cough* AHEM.

Aye :/ man I'd really go for a older guy, who's your age or a few years older. I tend to get along with men my age or older. It SEEMS like maybe he just wants to mess around...? And thats it? And kind of 'expects' it. That's why maybe he got mad?

I'd take Sycia's, go out and pamper yourself. Do what makes you happy. Get your mind off him and give it some time. You deserve so much more then that crap.

13. Victory Leo 1

Victory Leo 1 John

I really don't know everyones ages on here, and I don't feel like looking at your profiles to find out, but since I know I'm old, and I have been with both older and younger women I think I can say from experience that all relationships are hard. No one is perfect, everyone has flaws. Finding mister or misses perfect is a nice fantasy we all dream of, but it isn't true. I though I was with the perfect girl, mature for her age, pretty, intelligent, all of it. Loved her to death, and for all my trouble, what did I get. She cheated on me!!!!! She liked the guy because of several different reasons, but the most important to me, he didn't love transformers. How stupid is that! Just goes to show relationships are all screwed up even if you marry mother Teresa and Jesus himself!

14. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    GOt to agree with Victory here women are a complicated being!!! I get so frustrated with women. But seriously date more toward your age! what could you get at age 20 out of a sixteen year old? Im sure there is a ton of more mature men around 22 and 23 years old you deserve better!!!

15. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I had a similar problem with a girl my age about ten years ago, didn't end well. We were the same age and all, but she just had fun leading me on, which she thought was a blast. It happens. All I can say is look elsewhere, find another guy (your age at least, so you've got some things in common), date him, whatever with him.

And then rub it in to the jerk's face in a nice, "aren't you so happy for me?" kind of way ;) 

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

sounds like you need to wait for the balls to drop.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Taking a relationship with anyone in their mid-teens seriously is almost always a mistake, even when you're a teenager yourself. When you're not also a teenager, it should be a much more obvious mistake.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Victory Leo, all relationships are indeed going to be work, but avoiding bitch ass teenagers is a good start to keeping the work load as low as possible. Most people at that age just aren't mature enough. There are plenty of people still immature at older ages of course, but it's going to be easier to find someone with a tad more sense at that age than it would be when drawing from the younger pond.

19. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    how about dating someone out of high school. or someone that isnt considered a minor? that'd be a start. your just looking for problems trying to chase someone around that young.

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seriously avoid the 16 year olds. Just look around your age plus or minus two years and you should be a bit better off. Of course, being a dickhead can be independent of age, although in many individuals the magnitude changes as a function of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.