Boxset Help and suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Prime Super Mode, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Hey I am in the process of buying some box sets and just wondering if anyone has any of the following and can also help me track down one. The first on is the TRANSFORMERS ARMADA 13 DVD 52 EPI http://stores.moviesville.com/Items/1501933? does anyone know or own this box set because I want to know if it is good quality and English lip synced, not doubt.
    I also need to buy the DVD versions of the G1 series, I am looking for the limited edition box set which is green and there’s only 2000 or so in the world you also get a *rare* figure as well inside the box. I did have a saved linked but that was on my old laptop. I am also looking for the Cybertron and energon series box set but can’t find it any ware.

Any help would be great guys and any input to which one is best would also be appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I've got the Armada box set - yep it's good quality, the "proper" English version.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You can't find them because they don't exist. No official DVD box sets for Cybertron or Energon have been released to date. There are only some single-disc releases with fairly random episodes on them.

And if you see anyone selling box sets from either series, they're bootlegs.

If you can get a region-free DVD player, you might want to look into the Metrodome TF DVD G1 box sets:

http://www.transformersdvd.com/

...or the Chinese box set:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=97262

4. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Chinese set has it's problems (Difficult to manuver menue until you get used to it, the occasional spelling error in the menu, and horrible packaging, all the discs are in essentially cardboard envelope 'pages' in a small DVD 'book'.) However, you get the entire series and the movie (which is on the same disc as The Rebirth, instead of it's chronologically correct position) for less then you'll pay for one season of the US releases, thanks to Rhino's releases going out of print. At least they got all of that out, unlike G.I. Joe.

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

The Australian box set has different/better extras than the US box set, too.

6. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cybertron dvd

Thats not entirely tru in the case of energon you are completely correct but cybertron has had a full release in Malaysia on vcd and DVD. I found my copy on ebay for £35 and its fantastic. 14 disks, audio in 5.1 surround and great picture quality. only downside is that its a region 3 dvd so you would need a multiregion dvd player to play it. the box has a web address on it heres the link http://www.tsgroup.com.sg/animation/Transformers.htm

7. Optimus Prime Super Mode

So these two boxsets are goods quality and are all in english audio.

walruslaw where did you get yours from because i am having trouble ordering from them.

Locustreign do you own that spacific boxset or is it a different one?

Last questions does anyone seem to know what that G1 limited edition green boxset is?

8. walruslaw

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got mine on ebay well worth it if ya can get one

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Malaysia? Hasbro officially sanctioned a Malaysian VCD and DVD release for the entire series but didn't do so in the US or even the UK?

Does it have Hasbro's official trademarks/logos on it? Well, that's not actually saying much because bootleggers frequently include those details to dupe naive consumers.

Sorry, I can't help being a skeptic. There are far too many VCDs on the international market that are a long, long way from being legit. And I just have a real hard time believing Hasbro would outsource and endorse distribution in Malaysia. The market there can't even be a quarter of the profit it would make with a US release.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

What's this "proper" english version? What's the difference to the "improper" english version? No displays of gross misconduct? :D 

11. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Sorry, I meant dobed because I know a few box sets are.

12. walruslaw

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i belive the cybertron boxset is legit for a few reasons
    1. the packageing is of high quality in comparison to other bootlegs iv bought with a cardboard slipcase over the white dvd case. inside each disk is in its on folder slot.
    2. the picture quality is amazing as the disks are dvd-9 with only 4 eps on each disk with no artifacts such as macroblocking which effect most bootlegs
    3. the audio is in both 5.1 and 2.0 audio which would be hard to get a hold of without already having the original masters.

legit or bootleg it doesn't really matter the box set of cybertron from malaysia is fantastic and id highly recomend it to anyone who liked the series.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Dobed? What?

14. Optimus Prime Super Mode

ha thanks :)  ordered mine a few hours ago, now I just got to see what the armada series is like and find out what the G1 series I found but cant remember :) .

If anyone owns either of the bellow armada sets can you tell me what the quality is like (sound and video):
    http://stores.moviesville.com/Items/1501933?
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/26352252

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  15. walruslaw

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    from what i remember both those sets are the same but with different boxes. i have the silver one from ioffer and its really good quality in picture and sound. there is one drawback in that it has the companys logo on the screen every now and then for a few seconds which can be annoying otherwise a gd set.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Another alternative to Metrodome's G1 DVD set is Madman's Transformers Complete Collection DVD set.

http://www.madman.com.au/transformers/

Contents and review here

Includes a short comic set in 2001 briefly showing the Autobot exodus from Cybertron to Earth, written by Simon Furman, pencils by Nick Roche & Don Figueroa and coloured by our very own Josh Burcham.

17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Yes, as opposed to the pack-in comic in the metrodome sets...what was it called, "Beast Within"?

TF wiki lists only one error for it: "It was made."

I think that tells enough of it's quality. :D 

18. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Thanks dude, i hate it when they do that. I might try and find some reviews on the other one just to make sure its the same :) .

And thanks to the rest, im still on the hunt looking for that limited edition set but those other sets might have to do :( .

If anyone has any other boxset from the list that i havent seen then please tell me :)