Boxed G1 Colored movie Starscream & Euro boxed movie Thundercracker on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Over-priced products, unhappy consumers and shitty customer service? That's life? Oh wait...

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You can always boycott Hasbro if you don't like how they do business. More toys for me. :D 

3. Galvatron397

Well... see, I'm not an anti-Hasbro person, I just wish that they'd consider the people who AREN'T able to go to these events to score these figures, OR pay $500 dollars (which costs the same as if you're actually going, makes NO sense) for a set of toys. They're just not thinking straight when it comes to exclusives. The only time I liked their handling of exclusives was back in my Starwars days when ROTS had just come out.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Gee guys.... wasn't it obvious fosterlager was joking. Lighten up!

And, last I knew I also have a life, and I'm going to Botcon.

The Botcon exclusives never went from "Coming Soon" to "Out of Stock". Primus and Iacon packages were available for 4 to 6 weeks before they sold out.

So FP and Hasbro should consider those who aren't their paying customers? How would that work?

-airfox

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Not sure I want either of them. Movie colored SS is the way to go.

6. Galvatron397

No, but if he was, I retract my first statement.

Neat! :thumb 

I was referring to Nemesis Prime.

That's not what I meant, Hasbro isn't thinking about the people that DO buy their products and ARE fans of Transformers, but nonetheless can't shell out $500 (A ridiculous price mind you) for a couple of figures. Abeit, the figures are great, otherwise I wouldn't be talking about this, but $500 is over-priced and they damn well know it, how are you going to tell me otherwise?

7. airfox

News Credits:
    I thought that could be the case, but you stated in the same paragraph "How about no more Botcon exclusives". ;) 

For starters, it's not $500.

Also, Hasbro's not the one setting the price (at least not directly). Fun Publications is, and they are probably doing that taking into consideration many variables we're not familiar with:

- Smaller production run
    - More paint applications on some of the toys
    - Remolded pieces (very expensive AFAIK)
    - Collector's Packaging
    - A long Etc.

Taking into account that exclusives under FP's handling of Botcon aren't that much more expensive than during 3H's tenure, and that 3H failed to meet certain deadlines, had the license revoked and had to declare Bankruptcy (sp??) most likely because they were losing money; IMO Botcon exclusives, while not cheap, aren't the "armed-robbery" some folks paint them as. If they were, they wouldn't have sold out, right?

-airfox

8. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Screamer would have looked better with Thundy's deco pattern.

9. Galvatron397

...I don't see your point here, I stand by what I said and it in no way contradicts what I said before.

Ah, now see I genuinely didn't know that. I appreciate your corrections, and I concede this point to you. :) 

10. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

"EXCLUSIVE G1 DECO!"

Haha, I love how G1 supposedly isn't relevant anymore yet even Hasbro themselves still fall back on it. If the characters had looked more like who they were meant to be the older paint schemes would have matched up better. Ratchet should have been white and red from the Start.

Jazz, Starscream, Thundercracker, Ratchet; wonder who else will get the treatement?

11. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

I agree totally. Not everyone is going to be able to go anyway, there's only a few thousand and probably at least 3 times as many people that wanted Thundercracker.

It's crazy to think back to a month ago(back into lurker time for me) with people saying Hasbro would never release 2 repaints of a mould, then looking at all the stuff that's going on in the movie. Madness. Some people just love to be jerks to the "fans" though, makes them feel big.

All of this amounts to shit since Hasbro knew all of this already. If it had just been the coneheads it wouldn't be so bad, but IMO only obscurities, fascinations should be at Botcon - things people WANT, but not NEED to complete a set. It might attract more people, but there's such a thing as playing dirty. It disgusts me how many people think anything is acceptable in the name of profit.

12. Galvatron397

Demolisher, I CLAP for you. This is sooo true. And even though Airfox DID get that one arguement in on me, this still holds true. Hasbro is just not thinking. And they know it. Almost every person who was a fan of classics wanted Thundercracker and has now had resort to eBay to get ripped off or have to try their hand a customs and THAT is positively, absolutely, FUCKING STUPID.

13. airfox

News Credits:
    Yes ... of course ... FP should produce subpar, unpopular and not desirable product for their paying customers so the non-paying men and women of the world (ie, non customers) wouldn't feel like they're being played dirty with. Like I said: it makes business sense.

I don't think I was the one that got this thread off track, but I certainly helped, so I'll try to get it back on track:

I'm still not that sold on these two repaints, because I don't like Voyager Starscream's mold that much. I guess if I like Movie Screamer enough to buy it, and then change my mind about the mold, I may get Thundercracker and/or G1 Colored Screamer. But so far, no sale.

-airfox

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *sigh* Supes and I tried to re-rail the thread, but alas. And sorry, airfox -- you tried, too, but I just can't let some of this go.

Nobody said that. Some people did say, however, that Hasbro would be extremely unlikely to release 6 versions of one mold (or three each of the original and modified Classics Seeker molds). And in the unlikely event that they did so, Thrust would almost certainly not have gotten his wing remold, so there would've been another round of HASBOR HATEZ US. When we get our 6th version of any movie line toy, feel free to harp away.

For you. There's some Transfan out there that would be just as pissed -- or moreso -- if the set were Ramjet/Dirge/Thrust instead of TC/Dirge/Thrust.

And there we go. Sorry, but when you say anyone "NEED"s ANY toy, you automatically lose.

So, you're accusing Hasbro not only of making bad business decisions, but also of being aware that they're doing so and doing nothing about it? Gotcha.

Anyway, I still think the movie TC/Screamer mark II head sculpt is losely based on a Quintesson face. :) 

15. Galvatron397

I choose to not address the ongoing debate in your post, but I definitely agree that there is some Quintesson (Or as I call him: ALPHA-Q!! :lol  ) in Starscream's face. I'll probably get these, but Thundercracker doesn't impress me as much now that I've seen Screamer in the G1 deco. :eek: 

The thing is, it seems like they're trying to make this repaint canon, is this a possibility on how he might look in the sequel? :inquisiti 

16. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I want!

17. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome!

18. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That new head is hideous....... in the best possible way.

Swearing in caps always makes a point more valid. Hasbro's only interest is making a profit, and they seem to do that pretty well these days.

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    aaaaand my ignore list magically doubles in size!

Not too keen on the Screamer G1 deco. Probably will pick up Thundercracker since I collect Thundercracker toys.

20. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Wow, a "I can't have it so nobody should" mentality. We never got G1 SWOOP or SHOCKWAVE in the UK - I don't think you guys over there should have either.
    How did this evolve from Movie toys anyway?

Oh yeah, I'd dig a Movie SKYWARP just for completeness, but won't cry if I don't get one (especially if he had a THUNDERCRACKER head - Blech!).