Boxed AND Carded?...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Vector Sigma, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I was just posting a picture from my collection in the egg beasts thread when i remebered a thread i've been meaning to put up for the longest time.

Does anyone know how many TF's have been released both boxed and on cards? I ask because at Auto Assembly in the UK a few years back i got two of the autochangers (G2 bots that would tf themselves as you moved them a long a surface), boxed, as seen in the pic below:

[​IMG]

However i noticed at several other conventions that they were also released on cards. Does anyone know if this was a regional thing, ie US vs UK release? Or if they just happened to be released in different waves in different formats?

Anyone know of any other examples of TF's that were released as both boxed and carded in the same line?...

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty sure with the Autorollers, it's a US/UK thing. US got cards, UK/Europe(?) got boxes...although, I didn't even know about the boxed versions until your pics. :p 

Other than combiner limbs on individual cards and again in the box sets, I can't think of any. And in Japan, even those were released in small boxes as opposed to cards. For that matter, there's a bunch of stuff, then and now, that was released carded in the US, but boxed in Japan.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Most of the BW deluxe/basics that were released in Japan were in boxes, over here on cards.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Funny, I always thought the Autorollers came boxed worldwide!
    But yeah, mostly the difference is going to be in Japan. A whole lot of stuff that we get carded, they get boxed. Deluxes from Armada to present, for example, all were sold in boxes when they all were carded in the US.
    Then, there is the Korean equation. The Korean releases of the Car Brothers, carded in the US and in Japan, were boxed out there. I can't speak for many others, but to my knowledge the Korean releases are almost exclusively boxed.

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw along with the first series of Mini Autobots were
    released in Boxes in Japan, then later on cards.

(for those of you who didn't know - in Japan Soundwave was released with Rumble, not Buzzsaw)

In Italy, all 24 of the 'Scramble City' Basics were relased in boxes. The 1986 ones were also released on cards, but I can't recall seeing any carded Terrorcons or Technobots from Italy(?)

I *think* the Constructicons were individually boxed in Italy. Not sure if they were released on cards as well.

Have some memory of Throttlebots in boxes from Italy too.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    The regular car brothers were carded in Japan, but the "Super" car brothers were boxed. The clear/"stealth" car brothers were also in a boxset of the 3. The CR spychangers were carded and also in a boxset of the 6.

Besides what's already been mentioned, The G2 Cyberjets and Heroes(OP & Megs) were carded in the US and boxed in Japan. I think the Laser Rods also had boxed releases in Japan, but I'm not 100% sure.

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

V.S.:

If the Cybertron Walmart deluxes with minicons count, then that's an easy answer,
    since they are boxed figures that usually come on cards. Of course those are really
    2-packs, and there are plenty of Universe and BiaB 2-packs, in boxes, of originally
    carded figures.