box swapping- KO's vs g1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, the other thread about people swapping old movie toys with movie premiums made me think about something i thought about awhile ago, and never posted...are people who are buying g1 figures MIB that look amazing really being screwed by buying a KO box? i for one wouldnt mind to put a g1 figure in a KO box, but i'd definately like to now up front and not pay as much...so i was just curious about what everyone else thought...are there any instances of sellers on ebay who have already tried this?

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    probably which is my I stay away from G1 stuff now ... or at least the heavily KO'ed ones

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'd theoretically be more concerned about the other way around. Real box with a KO toy. Except for the fact that there are few authentic G1 boxes for Mirage and Sunstreaker and the like to go around sticking KO figs in, making that an unlikely scenario.

But most of the tells for KOs are on the box. If I see the misaligned TF on an OP box, 'Bommander' on a Grimlock box, 'off-center' spotlight on Mirage, etc., I just keep moving. Doesn't matter if the toy with it is real or fake, I'm not watching/bidding.

I recently bought a Mirage box, just by itself, that I could tell was real. I need to just flat out upgrade my Sunstreaker, so I intend to go whole hog (box/bubble/toy), but gotta be careful there. Pretty sure I recently saw a seller with a real Sunstreaker stuck in a KO box (had the colon mistake), since as far as I'm aware, the actual KO Sunstreaker toys haven't popped up yet, no?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    at these time Im happy to only miss stuff that is not KO except for one figure.. Swoop. my mirage is a GIG box and it is c9 perfect I hate KO boxes , they should brand them.

5. Gestalts Vault

Gestalts Vault Well-Known Member

I just picked up a Rodimus with a re-issue figure passed off inside yet the fin and instructions are original. I figure; seeing an original box & instructions, why bother asking to see the stamping?