Boulder Media Studio Confirms Working On A Transformers Animated Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope it's a continuation of Rescue Bots. RiD should keep going the direction it's going as it's a pretty great show.

2. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I'll tell you one thing I absolutely do not want if it is a brand-new series:

No Bumblebee. At all. The character is blatantly overused and is appearing in almost every bit of Transformers fiction and merchandise these days. If they really must have him, keep him as a side character or give him a role that doesn't scream "BUY MY 500+ TOYS". I know he is a Classic G1 character and all but that doesn't change the fact that Hasbro needs to break away from him for at least one series.

Maybe not everyone's on the same boat as me but I felt like making that point.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I would definitely like a new Transformers series. I would like something like G1 or the Movieverse. Or maybe continue the Animated series of David Kaye Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

i don't think there's any chance of getting a new show without him.

I'd like to see the Prime/RID-universe end and be replaced by one with a more appealing aesthetic, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I admit I'm...less than impressed when I looked at what they've been involved in.

6. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No just no. The TF cartoons that are airing now just suck. Do somthing big. Make the new cartoon about the Headmasters & Power Masters or The Pretenders.. 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you look at their website they are looking for ToomBoom Harmony users for staff positions. Harmony is the main 2d software they use Wonder over Yonder was made in it if you need an example Also Rescuebots I think was done in an older version. It's a great bit of kit for doing 2D and you've got far more control then flash. I rig stuff in it for a job and I'll be honest it's not perfect for transformers as Harmony can be a real system hog when you've got a complex character BUT it's consistent and with the right knowledge it's a fairly easy bit of kit to use.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IM suprised they havent done something more for the whole CHUG / PRIME WARS thing. I mean, who is the line for ? older collectors ? then why add the gimmicks ? if its for kids, then why not have an animated show to go with it ? I dont get it. Personally I dont want to see a reboot, but Id like to see something happen between season 2 and the movie. It could almost be a BEST OF type show cause you could have season 1-3 characters a plenty in it ( not all season 3 characters but the majority of the big names ) while adding in some new ones too. OR id like to see something along the lines of the Machinima COmbiner wars series but with professional writers , vpice actors, ect.

9. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. Even Jar Jar was decent in TCW. They just freely acknowledged that he was a Looney Tunes character and ran with it.

The problem with the BayVerse is that most the characters have either no personality whatsoever, or they're even more annoying than movie Jar Jar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

I wish Transformers would just stop. each show has gotten worse and worse since Animated.

11. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

Not a fan for Grey's Anatomy, sorry.

12. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or just do a semi continuation of G1. All new young cast, with no backstory to get muddled with the past series. Then pepper it with the Classics. Similar to how the Justice League was used in Young Justice. The kids were the stars, but you always had the big guns around.

I said 'semi continuation' since most of the G1 cast returned to the toy line. Even the dead ones. Rather than religiously adhering to the previous G1 show and movie, just a rough background that's very similar.

There was a great war on Cybertron. These Transformers left Cybertron. Crash on Earth. 4 million years later, volcano. They're alive again. Great War now on Earth. The ear ended, the Autobots won. Same storybeats we all know. Now let's move on... twenty years later...

A new generation of Autobots are created here on Earth as a bridge between our two worlds and our new Earth Cybertron Alliance. Introduce a new generation of Decepticon to face. Hasbro wants to keep the casts small, this gives them that, and gives the fans the classic Transformers heroes and villains they already know from the 80s and 90s.

(in my pure geek madness, the first season's Big Bad is not revealed til the season finale. A secret manipulator who has quietly guided humanity for tens of thousands of years. A Transformer trapped on this world. Who was waiting for his revenge against the ancestors of the Maximal scum that abandoned him to this vile world so long ago. Oh, yeeeeeees!)

Use the Hasbro Universe to have them meet the Micronauts, ROM, GI Joe, MASK. Maybe even Action Man and Inhumanoids. Spread the guests out over multiple seasons and stories, don't make it a Transformers Team-Up or a Wikipedia info dump.

Basically, P/RID but with a Continuity connection to the proper Generations line, the way Rescue Bots also ties into P/RID.

13. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do people even want a continuation of G1? I mean A. It ended. B. You've got, like, two decades worth of material in the universe (G1 to Beast Wars: Neo), and C. I know people think G1 had these great characters and stuff, but it really didn't. G1 was very much quantity over quality when it came to pretty much everything about it, including characters.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Why do people want the films to continue? They've lasted longer than the American G1 continuity did at this point. Or are you saying that the films can end in a decade full stop because of this precedent set by G1?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I would rather them move out of the failed Aligned continuity.

• Like Like x 4
  16. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Let\'s hope this new show isn\'t as \"meh\" as RID2.

17. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I miss Animated and Prime so much. It sucks that todays cartoons are so shit

• Like Like x 4
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Plot-Twist: is just a spin off from Rescue Bots.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Have you seen shows like Gravity Falls,Star Vs the Forces of Evil as well as Steven Universe? They aren't exactly horrible.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont know the Star one, but others are still years old cartoons. I meant the new ones.