Bought some new games, but have a PS3 complaint.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CripNite, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, it is tfw2005.

Also, has he turned off smoothing and "full" mode? Could be some bugs popping up from there. Sounds like there were no problems before he did that, or he didnt start the game up until after he made those adjustments..

You should be playing the game in its native 4:3 anyway. Stretching something out of its native aspect ratio should be a criminal offense.

2. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    No kidding. I can't understand why people do this to begin with. Same thing happened when the cable guy programmed my digital set-top box. He programed it so SD 4:3 channels would automatically stretch to 16:9. WHY?!

Can't people see that it looks ******edly stretched?

"OhOoH But it fills yuor srceenz so it bettar qualiteH"

Once the cable guy was gone, I reset the damn thing to factory settings. There will be no 16ยป:9 stretching on my watch!

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Personal preference is a beautiful thing. And the cycle continues... :( 

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

is it know it all or common sense?

oh crap. i set myself up for this one.

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Rumor is that backwords compatibility will be re-added for all PS3s via firmware so maybe if that's done it will solve the problem.

6. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

No, a PS3 is either b/c or not, there is no "partially", I don't know what you are talking about.

To the TC Sony setup up a site just for this issue: this:PlayStation.com
    It takes 2 seconds to check.

I have a launch 60GB model and about 80+ PS1/2 games and only one of them doesn't work: FFVIII. It helps to constatly update your system. Even though Sony stopped supporting b/c most of the games I was experiencing little glitches with all work fine now.

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, according to previous posts, versions of the PS3 can play some of the older games. If a system can only play some games from a previous system, but not all, then I don't consider it to be 'fully' backwards-compatible with that system.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nope.

the first 80GB PS3s had partial PS2 backwards compatability. they had trouble with a ton of games the 20 and 60GB systems ran without issue.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i had exactly the same problem with exactly the same game. i wish i hadn't let my ex keep my ps2.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and the ones I wanted to play the most don't work, Riddick (before the current release) and Otagi. Fortunately, my fiance came packaged with her own original Xbox. :D 

11. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All PS3 models are backwards compatible with PS1 games, be it 20, 60, 80(current, and past), or the 120 GB models. There are no differences in the level of backwards compatibility for the PS1 games.

20, 60, and 80 (MotorStorm/Metal Gear Solid 4 bundles) GB are backwards compatible with PS2 games. 20, and 60GB use the PS2's hardware to launch PS2 games, so very few games have compatibility problems with these models (only those that weren't developed within Sony's PS2 development guidelines, but even then, those have minor, or un-noticable problems). The 80GB unit uses Software to emulate the PS2's hardware. Sony built this emulator to the standards of their PS2 development guidelines, games that didn't follow those guidelines have compatibility issues. This interestingly includes games developed by Sony's partners, such as Naughty Dog, and Insomniac.

I take it the OP has an 80GB unit. My advice? Hope that one day Sony updates the compatiblity for that game (they used to do this, but I think they may have decided to stop).

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

you should try loading up marvel vs capcom 2 (xbox 1) on a 360, its hilarious!