Bought GF first TF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwave84, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    She happens to be a nurse so i bought her the Movie Redeco of Ratchet in his G1 goodness. She really loves it so much she wont transform it but she says as long as it stays a healthy hobby (i.e. chosing TF over eating and bills and so forth..) which it is. But it is cool to get her involved she loved the movie and maybe i may have a chance to bring her to Botcon. Any one else get there significate other a TF before and what was there reaction?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Congrats, man. :thumbs2: 

I've gotten my wife plenty of Transformers, and she treasures them all. But bear in mind that she was a Transformers fan long before we met.

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    lucky!!!!

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ive gotten my wife some before but they end being part of my collection.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now that's lucky ;) 

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    My GF, now fiancee, is a nurse too!!! What! Anyways I got my girl a TF Millenium Falcon cuz she's more of a SW/Harrison Ford fan and she digs it. I made a custom ALT Arcee and she claimed it as hers too :( 

7. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My wife has a clawjaw and Depth Charge from Beast wars. She's an oceanographer. She's not quite as excited about the Seacon TFCC as I am.

8. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My GFs been collecting with me for 7 years. Her favorite has always been God Neptune and Scourge (RID).

9. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    My girlfriend wanted Transformers when she was a kid, but sadly her parents couldn't afford them then. So, about three months into our relationship I picked her up an Armada Unicron and Dreadwind (I forget which line it's from. RiD? It transforms into a stealth bomber.) Since then I've picked up plenty of TFs for her...a G1 Doubledealer, Ravage, Rumble, and Frenzy. We've been seeing each other for three years now. I'm not saying it was the Transformers that kept us together, but they didn't hurt :D 

10. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD TFW2005 Supporter

Hahaha my GF of four years is also a nurse...starting to see a trend here!

she loves the fact that i have a couple of nerdy hobbies, but besides gazing and sometimes transforming some of my own she has no real interest in collecting any herself. She says she might want to start collecting mighty muggs and also really likes animated prowl ( might pick that up for her).

She is a great artist and draws transformers for me all the time. Going to have her design my tf tattoo one day

oh yea when i took her to botcon 07' she was amazed at how big the hobby was, but i was forced to leave early because of her complaining. The fact that people dressed up like tf's blew her mind

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    My gf can appreciate toys on an artistic/craft level, and often will say a given toy is cool etc. And she gives me lots of elbow room and leeway about customizing, she is now way harsher in the toy aisle than I am even - "lookit the horrible paint apps on this" or "god this mold looks awful, that doesn't look like Indiana Jones even a little bit" and so on. And I did get her the set of the Wallace & Gromit movie figs on clearance as a gift earlier this year, but she would not have any interest in collecting or owning toys in general the way I do. And definitely not Transformers, short of them ever turning the band Le Tigre into a gestalt of some kind or something :) 

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I bought some TFs for my GF, specially bumblebees since she lvoed the character in the movie, shw sometimes ask me to purchase her the new bees that come out, but she has no desire to start a collection for herself.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow i didnt know that so many people had gotten there gf tfs that is cool

14. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my partner loves the fact that i like em which is enought for me. although i have to admit id love him to be more into them. but what can ya do eh

15. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

All of you are way too lucky :(  Closest to me is my sister, she's a big Hot Rod fan and has the G1 reissue of him.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't bought my GF any TF's, but she thinks my ever growing collection of them is cute. She absolutley LOVED the movie, which I took her to see on our first "movie date":p  She's also made me swear on my life that I'll take her to go see TF:ROTF when it comes out:rolleyes: 

17. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My ex-wife and I used to collect Beast Wars and G1 together. She liked G1 before we met, then loved Beast Wars together.
    Now, my girlfriend got into the genre with A/E/C, and I'm getting her more into Animated and G1 just so I won't have to buy any of those god-awful A/E/C figures (personal preference here). I still bought her Armada Starscream, though.
    I feel dirty.