bought a new house but....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaDead, Aug 4, 2008.

1. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Just bought a new condo/townhosue and it's really awesome. 3 stories, all redone (the guy that sold it was flipping it but we got a good deal).

I'm sitting in my new basement typing this because I'm freaking out. Myself and my fiance both work at the same place at it's at a really slow time right now. We talked about this but agreed shit is always going to happen one way or another (plus she fell in love w/ the place right away).

I don't know whether we'll even have jobs a few months down the road and what the hell we're going to do but I have to admit, reachin' for a beer in my freezer in my new man room is pretty f'n sweet.

What's the worst that could happen? go bankrupt? have to start over? I'm still pretty young (28, soon to be 29 on Aug. 25th if anyone wants to wish me a happy bithday on the board that day:) 

Is this a dumb move or what?

2. orionprime

orionprime <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Owning your own place does seem to be a double edged sword. The feeling of accomplishment is great but as my gf and I are finding out it is kind of scary too. Having that mortgage payment every month and all the other bills does seem overwhelming at times. Just play it smart and tuck money away where and when you can. Congrats on the new place and I wish you the best of luck.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Basically houses are cheap as nuts in your country so don't worry about it.

Nothing like shitting away 50% of your combined income on a POS house in the "ghetto."