Bought a new car today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Nov 30, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I debated posting this tomorrow when I'd have a chance to take some pics in daylight and put them up, but decided to post it anyway. I bought a brand new 08 Scion XB in Nautical Blue. Bought it myself :D . That's right I bought Animated Soundwave! (or if you are an Autobot lover, Alt Skids) Then blue is nice and dark and very close to SW.

I had been driving my dads old 95 Lexus ES, but at trade in it had 166,000 miles on it. And had been having some problems with it, so it was time to get a new one so I bought a new one. I had a bunch of money my grandfather left me when he died about 15 years or so ago. It was put into stocks and some cash. I took most all of the cash, am going to cash out some stock, and put a bunch of money from my checking and made a nice big down payment on it. Got about $2000 trade in, $400 for being a recent graduate. I am financing the rest. Nice low payment over 4 years.

It is a sweet ride and I love it. I just gotta get a decepticon bumper sticker. Got the premium Pioneer sound system. It has a digital screen I can capture pictures and movies and put onto it. I'm gonna make mine TF related. Natch. I am so in love with my new car.

Again pictures tomorrow or Sunday.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats man. A new ride is always awesome.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You sound pumped, so right on, congratulations.

4. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Are you putting a big TF logo on it?

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    well a small one on the bumper. Decepticon naturally.

And yes I am pumped big time.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    'Gratz brah.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats dude! :D 

I bought my first new car a little while ago, after driving older clunkers since I started driving, so I know the feeling. ^_^

Have fun!

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I still to this day have never bought a new car, the closest was a used car with 15,000 miles on it.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    right on, right on.

10. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Get a Soundwave vanity plate!

11. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I was thinking of eventually getting a plate that reads "DCPTCON"

12. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

I tell ya, those 08's look damn nice to me. I really like what they have done to with the new body...
    A tasteful drop and some tasteful wheels to set off that blue and your set!
    I havent kept up with the scions recently but are still using the 1.5 in the 08?
    congrats on the new ride!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Awesome! Congrats! You totally need to Deceptipimp your ride.

14. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Yes! Another member with an 08 xB. You can now join the club of TFW2005 members who own 2008 Scion xB's. I was the only member, but now it's good to have another person.

I wish I got the premium stero, I stuck with the regular one. Though I got the scotch-guarded seats, the clear plastic protective film on the lower half of the car, alloy wheels, and of course, the floor mats.

Definitely post pics soon.

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    hehe glad to know I got a XB buddy here. Man that little thing can zip! I got the upgrade sound system and a new shift knob (on order).

Yeah like I said I gotta get pics when I get to work and have a nice empty parking lot to get lots of shots of him in. Then come home and upload them...

It was nice driving it home. In my old car the headlights were dim and a pale yellow. I turned on to the back road I sometimes take to get home and get away from the city light... man what a difference. It was like and day in comparison. Then I tried the high beams. Damn, who turned on the sun? It is the nice bright white light and not a sickly yellow.

Got a great service warranty with it. 3 years, 36,000 mile on service visits I don't pay a dime! also got a 7 year 75,000 mile warranty upgrade.

I'm on a big high right now along with little sleep. I may look to find another little laserbeak (cheap) and hang him from my rear view mirror. Screw fuzzy dice...

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

New ride is cool. Last car I bought was a 98 corrolla with like 85k on it, last summer.

17. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Congrats dood! I'm still a fan of the old body style, but the new one is growing on me. Also, a piece of advice. If it's a darker color, I'd recommend not putting your 'con logo on the body. Put on a window or something along those lines. Dark colors fade more than you'd ever believe. If/when you go to trade it, when you take that sticker off, you'll always have the outline. Just $.02 from a car guy. Congrats again. Enjoy that little booger.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I need a new car. My '96 Beretta has 168,000 miles on it and the AC hasn't worked since I bought it in '05. Although I can afford a car payment and have a good down payment saved up, I'm instead saving up to buy a couple acres of land and put a trailer on it. Nice cheap one so the payment is less than I'm currently paying for rent in this apartment. I'll pay it off early, then start building a house since I'll have no payment for housing at all. The new car can wait, payment free housing FTW!

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Enjoying your new car? Be sure to post pictures of it, especially when you get it all decked out Decepticon style!

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I've decided not to sticker it, unless it is a clinging window style that can be removed easily. Instead I saw a plate frame where you can create your own. Gonna get one and have it read "Decepticons forever!!".. Also gonna look for a good christmas ornament of the Con logo and make it a rear view mirror dangler...

Discovered the awesomeness of my sound system today on my way home. I am stopped at a light and notice a little button. Well I wonder what it does. I press it the audio changes a bit. Still sounds like a standard stereo. Meh. I press it again. It changes to "feel" mode and wow!. I tell ya I could basically feel it then and the volume wasn't that high either. Also fiddled with the controls this morning and this evening when it was dark I found i switched the control panel from orange to blue. This made all the buttons have a blue text instead of orange.

And on with the pics:

Control panel. Notice the screen on the sound system? I added a TF clip. It is a loop of the very last bit of the G1 opening where there is a flash the logo zooms in, twinkles, then fades out.

The blue glow of the panel at night

Shot very early in the morning today.

And finally in full light