Bottom Out's Giving Animated a Second Chance

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    After reading your reviews, I have to point out a few flaws with your theory on the characters, the plot, and the show (maybe several).

Oh, I'm gonna have FUN with this:

First off, Bumblebee is annoying, I agree. But you need to remember that he's still a kid. Kids tend to be rambunctious and rebellious. I personally think that's a good thing. Cheetor from Beast Wars had these same traits, too. I also have to agree that, yeah, "Home is Where the Spark Is" was kinda lame. But it's forgiveable, IMO.

Secondly, the reason why the Autobots fight human villains more than they fight Decepticons is because the Decepticons are in hiding for the first few episodes or so in the first season, believing that Megatron actually bit the big one until "Megatron Rising." The Decepticons of the Unicron Trilogy (And probably Generation 1 and RID) get their asses handed to them almost every episode, whereas the Decepticons in Animated actually pose a threat. Hell, the Decepticons in Animated actually fight their opponents without resorting to an unnecessary gimmick (Cyber Keys, Mini-Cons, etc)

So Dr. Archeville, Lord Chumley, and other human villains from Generation 1 don't have a place in the Transformers mythos? What rock have you been under? Granted, they're cheesy villains, but they're villains nonetheless. Some humans will appreciate the Autobots, some will want to destroy them for their own nefarious deeds.

I'm a fan of Animated, and I'm mature enough to know when not to act like a butt here.

:lolol  Dude, go back and read your posts. To me, they definitely sounded like "ZOMG HUMAN VILLANZ RUIN TRANSFORMERS OH NOES!"

If you don't like them, then don't watch the show.

Over Xbox Live, yes. Many, MANY times. Especially in Halo 3. In real life?...I think once.

No, that award goes to Transformers Energon. Now THAT was a bad Transformers cartoon. At least Animated tells us what the hell's going on.

To you, maybe. To me, I think it's clever and well-thought out.

Take it up with superheroes that aren't meant to be taken seriously. Aquaman's the best example of superheroes that are a joke. Supervillains have to have at least one "Aquaman" of their own. And I think it works.

You make it sound like all villains are hated for no reason. Villains have a REASON to be hated. The Headmaster's reason for being a villain is because Sumdac fired him. That pissed him off, and thus, Headmaster was born. And IMHO, I think the Headmaster is actually somewhat funny.

You need to rewatch Beast Wars, because I'm sure that it had at least ONE G1 reference for about every episode.

Funny, because from what I've read so far it's been more of the latter.

I think that was an insult right there.

I bought it, hook, line, and sinker. Pretty good excuse if you ask me.

Good. Don't watch Energon; it makes little to no sense whatsoever.

Look, I myself was a hater of Animated once, but I saw the light eventually, and since then, I've LOVED it. It reminds me so much of Beast Wars; great characters, awesome story, and not to mention the SWEET toys. :D  However, I am glad that you are giving Animated a chance, and that you have some appreciation for it. In the future, though, think before you post.

Just my :2c: 

2. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    About the Dinobots, their inclusion in this episode was SUPPOSED to be justified. The dinobots were supposed to be involved in the final battle against Megatron, but the animation that came back from that scene was useless. So they cut it.

3. RodimusprimeMN

RodimusprimeMN New Member

I hear ya Ravage, transformers is whatever Hasbro wants it to be, ya like it or ya don't. I personally like Animated, ALOT!!!

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the upside, it means the Dinobots weren't (canonically) subjected to a quick 1-2-3 beatdown at the hands of Megatron. Hopefully they'll get to fight a Decepticon or two later - warm up on Lugnut and Blitzwing maybe.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea where ya at man? I have been enjoying this thread. I like seeing what others think about a show "in progress" style, weather the views match mine or not.

6. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

I wish he would come back too. The unintentional (I hope) laughs I'm getting demand to be continued.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    remember when bottom out was in this thread?
    man those were some crazy times, back in the day
    back when pluto was a planet

8. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Does this means he has given up on Animated and the thread will die?

9. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season 2 DVD just came out, and besides, dude got a life, just be patient.

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

ha ha im still here, and im planning on check out season 2, ive been spending all my free time reading some new books i got for christmas, i've allready seen the elite gaurd i just havent reviewed it yet, i was debating on if i should start a new thread for season 2 or just keep it all in this one

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    keep it all in this one. No need for separate threads.

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good to hear. Enjoy your books.

13. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all in one, best deal you can get :) 

14. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

Good for you for giving the show another chance. Personally, I love it.

15. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Excellent can't wait for the new reviews!

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As a former TFA hater it's good to see you giving the show a second chance. You will like season 2 a lot better than 1. After all how can you not like dialogues like this...