BOTS FoC demonstration, minor SPOILERS for beginning of the game

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ra88, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    BOTS, the Dutch Transformers convention was held yesterday and as a special treat they had a FoC promotion in collaboration with Activision and gaming magazine Power Unlimited. Copies of the games were 'handed out' to several lucky winners (of course they won't actually get the game until it has been released) and five people were picked out to review it along with one of the game journalist of that magazine.

And here's a tiny scraplet of news: They also showcased the first level! Now, we already saw this in the IGN video, but the reporter (who held the controller) didn't stop until the player takes control of the second playable character, so we got to see how the Bumblebee level ends and how the next one begins. Not much, but it was a neat little treat none the less.

Minor spoilers, so if you don't want to know what happens, don't highlight the spoiler bars. I may have gotten some details wrong, too, but I wrote them down as I remembered them.
    The Bumblebee level ends shortly after where the IGN video cut off, with Optimus at the mercy of Megatron, who is wielding a HUGE cannon that is almost as big as he is. Bumblebee jumps in front of it and takes the hit, which leaves him mortally wounded, and Optimus cradling his body, identical to the poster art and the CG trailer, though with different setting and no extra characters (forgot what happened to Megatron, knocked back by explosion?).

After that, the game flashes back. It opens with another epic, but depressed speech of Optimus, speaking of how the war cost them the very life of their planet, urging the inhabitants to escape. There is only one ship worth of Autobots remaining. Cue ''Transformers Fall of Cybertron'' accompanied by what sounded like a DOTM/Inception inspired theme, complete with epic BWAAAAAAAAAHM.

Then, it fades to a shot of the Ark, with the text ''6 Earth Days before Ark launch'' appearing. Ironhide is talking to Optimus over the comms, telling him how the preparations for the launch is going. Optimus comes rolling in, does an epic slow-mo jumping transformation and walks up to Jetfire, who is overseeing some other stuff. Then, he talks over the comms to Perceptor, the camera switching to a brief shot of him overlooking stuff while riding a flying platform. The camera cuts back to Optimus, explosions happen, and he receives words that they are under Insecticon attack, with Grimlock's post having fallen to them already. Optimus gets ready for battle, and that is where the game was paused and turned off, to the dismay of the crowd. :lol 

Will update it with quick pics I took later, though keep in mind that the quality isn't the best.

2. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Awesome. Thanks for the info and overview.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    No proble. Here are those screens.

Attached Files:

4. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

Wow, that...sounds...stupid. Anticlimatic way for Bumblebee to lose his voice, if you ask me. And that cannon just looks ridiculous.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was mute before being shot, that's why he didn't talk in the IGN video.

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Taking a shot for his leader. leaving him mortally wounded? Yes, very Anti-Climactic.

I'm guessing the Cannon is like the Nucleon Shock Cannon from WFC, but it does need some unique details other than "giant tube".

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics and info!

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Wasn't BOTS where they're giving away five copies of the game?

9. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    His voice was gone before this scene. It's on the front page, look it up.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yep, it was.

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yep apart from the people who won wont get it till the release

Any way this makes me want the game more.

New FOC news makes me want it more!

12. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

That is not the cannon. That is part of the ship (ark) in the background.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I think it may be some object that Megatron is about to throw at Optimus.

13. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Hope someone gives a review.

Can't wait for it. Hopefully ra88 will be one of those lucky few. Surely they recognize giving a Big Name Fan a copy of the game to check out.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Nope, that's actually the cannon that Megatron tries to shoot Optimus with. I saw it unfold from his arm and charging up the shot.

They announced the winners at the convention itself, wasn't one of them.

And please don't call me that, I'm not a Big Name Fan and saying that I am kind of makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Though I do appreciate the compliment.