Botoc 2010 souvenir figure questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, May 20, 2010.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok Im going to Botcon this year and I already registered for the Primus Package. And as I understand it there are separate exclusive figures from the main exclusive pack. The Botcon souvenir figures.

Here is what I want to know

1. Usually how much are these figures based on your history of Botcon?
    2. Where in Botcon can I buy them?
    3. Are they usually worth the price?
    3. which souvenir figure is your favorite so far?

Yes I know the souvenir figures have not been announced but Im just asking these questions before hand.

Can you help me out?

Thanks for reading.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    After picking up your badge and primus package, just mosey to the next line. Whether they are worth the money is up to you. They come in two or three packs, from $49 to $89 usually. You can usually buy up to two, not always though.

So far my favorite of these is Alpha Trion, from 2007.

I keep it kind of vague because the terms and conditions and prices vary year to year. They give you an order form when you pick up your primus package that explains it all.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    For 1 set of each of the sets, ~$100-$200 total through the history of FP's Botcon. But that ranges from 3 basics & 1 deluxe split between 2 different sets in 2005 to 5 deluxes and 2 voyagers split between 3 different sets in 2009.

At the Official Club/Convention store, Thursday/Friday during registration or throughout the convention(until they sell out), they're usually situated right outside the dealer room.

Will you personally like them for the price? That's a subjective matter of personal taste. Will you be able to easily re-sell them for a profit if you don't want to keep them? Most likely yes.

Probably Darksyde Megatron from 2006 for me.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After you pick up your Boxset and Badge Thursday you can get into line for the club store. This will be a huge, long line on Thursday. If you want to can also wait until Friday. There will several line including some cash only lines. They go quicker unless you get stuck behind someone who's undecisive. The limit you can buy is based on how many the club produces and how many Primus/Dealer badges there are.

The number of badges:
    You buy 1 Primus package = 1 Primus badge
    You buy 100 Primus Packages = 1 Primus badge
    You and your friend each buy 50 Primus Packages = 2 Primus badge

After that the club knows how many badges there are they look at how many they produced and determine the limit.

Example 1: 1000 sets, 300 badges - limit 3
    Example 2: 1000 sets, 500 badges - limit 2
    Example 3: 1000 sets, 501 badges - limit 1

EDIT: I believe this is what the club does. They haven't confirmed this, they've just said everybody who wants one is guaranteed one by Friday.

The limits hold until the store closes Friday. After the stores close they will count what is leftover and it's a free-for-all Saturday. On Saturday, anybody can get into line and buy the add-ons. The limit may or may not change. Some notes:
    1) The dealer room opens at 8-8:30 on Saturday but the line for extra souvenirs starts forming a couple of hours earlier.
    2) Anyone can buy the souvenirs but you have to be in the dealer room to do so. Getting into the dealer room requires a badge or pass. Saturday walk-ins have to get in line to buy the day pass and then they can get into the store line to get any that may still be left.
    3) The dealers are required to be at their booth when the dealer room opens. Last year, they allowed the dealers to give their badges to others to buy the souvenirs for them.
    4) I don't know the rules for minicons. Maybe someone else can answer that.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ohh, cash line! I forgot that. Good call, I need to remember that and hit the ATM first!

6. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Wait. So you pick up youre primue package AT Botcon? Not in the mail?

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you are attending, yes, you pick them up in person, Thursday night, when you check in and get your badge.

8. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Ok well that changes things for me. Thanks.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Primus Package = you're going to the convention and want the toys too (they have a cheaper, toyless package for people who want to go but don't care about exclusives)

Iacon Package = you want the toys but aren't going

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im still looking for someone to pick up the souvenir sets for me since i cant make it. If anyone is interested please message me.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I need to setup one of those deals too... if anyone wants to, feel free to send me a PM too :p