Botcon World Tour someday?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Doctor Scalpel, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

Hey guys, I am aware that the majority of you guys reside in the US but the number of fans worldwide has also grown considerably over the years.

What do you think of the possibility of having Botcon elsewhere other than the States? Perhaps in Japan? To the birthplace of the toys?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There was a Botcon Japan back in 1999 / 2000. There also was a Botcon Europe in 2002. I can't speak for the Japanese convention, but I know the then-organiser of Botcon Europe decided that Europe was not supportive enough of a Botcon.

That said, I think it would be better for Botcon to stay in the US. The largest fan community is in the US so it makes sense to keep it there. For Europe we've got several good conventions that have great community spirit, and Canada has TFCon. Japan has the Wonderfest and Chara Hobby events.

3. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

oh. I forgot about Botcon 2000 in Japan

just thought it'd be cool to have a worldwide convention

it doesn't have to be called Botcon. Perhaps a new name and Botcon can still remain in the US.
    the number of fans have shot up since the Bay movies aired and I just wonder what kind of response we can obtain now compared to the pre-movie era

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So basically you just want conventions in other countries?

Like the ones that are already held?

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, it'd be nice and everything if Botcon came to Europe again, but really, I don't see how it could beat Auto Assembly and how that is turning into it's own particular behemoth of awesome. Give it a few more years and they will virtually be on par with each other.

Except Hasbro will still refuse to acknowledge its existence. But that's another story...

:D 

6. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

no man. we have conventions here in Asia as well and i'm aware of conventions everywhere else.

but, I'm just thinking if there would be a worldwide convention for fans worldwide. If Botcon is the subject, then perhaps we expand Botcon to be even larger than it already is and perhaps more cross collaborations with Takaratomy?

It might not be possible logistically but it's just a nice idea to play around with

7. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to do something like it would probably need the Botcon people to kinda franchise themselves out to the already existing conventions and build something new together instead of trying to compete.

For example in the UK Auto Assemlby 2011/ Botcon UK combined shindig.